Thread: Idle

Idle

I just got my quad back together, went to the races this past weekend and got hit during pactice. Rolled the bike. Now my idle is very erratic, goes high then I blip the throttle and it goes low, then wants to stall and usally does. Is this an intake leak at the carb boot? How can I check it? HELP
    2004 WR/YFZ 450
    SPONSORS
    Could not have gotten either bike together with out the help of my sponsors
    EXTREME MOTORSPORTS
    THE FOLKS RACING
    Venom Atv
    BCS Performance
    I am a MONAVIE Distributor - Contact me if interested in the new All natural enerdy drink. Lasts longer and make you feel better than any other energy drink on the market

Sounds like the throttle cable could be kinked somewere. I"d also check the complete intake system for leaks..

I am not sure what the best way is to check for leaks.
    2004 WR/YFZ 450
    SPONSORS
    EXTREME MOTORSPORTS
    THE FOLKS RACING
    Venom Atv
    BCS Performance
    I am a MONAVIE Distributor - Contact me if interested in the new All natural enerdy drink. Lasts longer and make you feel better than any other energy drink on the market

I AGREE WITH RICO I THINK ITS IN THE CABLE
    " 2000 HONDA 400EX "FOR SALE'' $$2000$$ "OBO" ''''MODS ON THE 400EX ARE"" K/N AIR FILLTER , K/N OIL FILLTER HOLESHOT 20"FRONT AND 18"REARS TAG BARS AND RENTHAL GRIPS NEW R/K 520 CHAIN FRONT DG BUMPER BENT (((((((((((( RIDE HARD BROS )))))))))))))

I just finishe taking it apart. The cable was fine it was an intake leak at the carb boot. Got it fixed now it runs like it did when I put it back together. Thanks for the input
    2004 WR/YFZ 450
    SPONSORS
    EXTREME MOTORSPORTS
    THE FOLKS RACING
    Venom Atv
    BCS Performance