Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need mo par

need mo par

ok guys im needing some input here on what i need to do. im getting my *** handed to me off the gate and its getting really old not being able to pass on a one line track if i dont get out front.

Here is my list of mods so i need suggestions on what to do next.
    86 250R motor
    66.75mm piston
    Pro Circuit Pipe
    stock carb
    Open air box with K and N
    using 160 main jet
    Ported and polished cylinder
    13/38 gearing
    Holeshot MXRs all the way around

It seems like NO MATTER what i do i cannot grab a holeshot and its really starting to piss me off please add input. I want to keep this cheap and i dont want to go boring the motor(im afraid of losing reliability) and i DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR A PV
    laeger yz hybrid

Your cylinder is ported? Where did you get it ported?

Are you running the stock cylinder head? If so, did you get any head modifications when you got your cylinder ported?
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

Originally posted by wilkin250r
    Your cylinder is ported? Where did you get it ported?

Are you running the stock cylinder head? If so, did you get any head modifications when you got your cylinder ported?
    I had a local port the cylinder(he is well known for automotive porting)

Im running the stock cylinder head, no there are not any modifications ?
    laeger yz hybrid

get a bigger carb
    E-mail: kmagner1234@yahoo.com

A bigger carb will help a little bit. I think you would see major gains with a new head, or modify your existing head.

In a 4-stroke, you can get a higher compression piston. In a 2-stroke, you get a higher compression head. There are several companies, NOSS, Pro Design Cool Head, Duncan Racing Powerhead, and I think ESR even has a head designed for the stock cylinder.

Personally, I'd recommend an aftermarket head, but you can also modify the stock head to increase compression. You may have to make the jump to race gas, but the gains are well worth it.

If you had to choose between the two, I'd certainly go with higher compression over a bigger carb.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

if you only have a 160 main, thats telling me that you dont have much porting done. i have a 185 in my lrd ported/polished cylinder (38mm carb though). i would recommend getting you cylinder ported buy someone that knows what there doing, bumping up your compression with either a new head or have your stock head milled down, then maybe a bigger carb. if your running 18" rear tires i would recommend that you move your gearing to a 14/38 for MX. then work on your 2nd gear launches. thats my setup and its extremely reliable, i have about 20 races on the same piston and rings.
    03 arens/lrd/tcs 262r

JHF-check your pm's!

go with a bigger carb, 38 or 39mm airstryker you will not regret it
    86 250r
    spacer plate motor .040 over
    maier shiny silver with K&K flame graphics

02 chevy z71

yea, get a airstryker carb and a head. pro designs cool head are a good choice. they have interchangable domes. so you can switch from race gas to pump gas. or even get one that runs half/half. the carb is about 200$ and the head is around 180$ you wont regret either of them.

if you wanna put out the money for race gas then just use a thin head gasket, get some reeds, a 38 airstryker is what i run and get it ported by a pro....i think that will do wonders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast