Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex CDI Update

Vortex CDI Update

I purchased a new Vortex CDI for my 450. You can buy this from Honda of St John's for $400.00 They are in Portland, Oregon 503-286-8817. This thing is great!! You have 10 different settings for traction control. It has a thumb adjustment switch that you mount on the handle bars on the left side. It gets a little tight when you have hand guards and the hot start, but you just have to move some things around a little. It took around 5 minutes to install. Yes, they include all of the hardware. Plug in and go. For testing and adjustment you leave your hood off. I left my on one setting. It takes are R's from 9,800 to 11,500 rpm. You can not believe the difference. I have a HRC kit, FMF ti 4 series exhaust and now the Vortex. I run MX and XC. I used to start in second on MX running a 13-38 set-up. I think I could easly start in 3rd. I am going to try going back to a 14-38 for MX and XC. I did not have time to put my RAZAR 2's on and see but the way this things pulls I am sure starting in second with 20's on is no problem. I had no problems smoking the CRF's all weekend long out of the starts. And the YFZ's had no chance. I was worried about spending the $400 but it is worth it. I will update on the XC set-up this weekend. By the way it is $320 less than Duncan racing. And Bob at St Johns is getting another shipment this week!
    Just Ride....

sounds awesome!!! And to think I was going to spend almost $800 on a new crf wiring system......I will definetly be ordering one! Thanks for the input.

any websites for it,,??
    2004 TRX 450R
    *Pro Armor swingarm skid*
    *Pro Armor engine skid*
    *DG V-Pro front bumper*
    *Kenda Klaw tires*
    *Yoshi exhaust*
    *hotcams stage 2*
    *JE 11.5:1 piston*
    *Cascade block off plate(flames)*
    *k an k graphics kit*
    Trx 300 4x4 99model
    *UNI filter*
    *Floor boards*
    Sportrax 400ex 03 model
    (sold to uncle)
    *Jets*
    *FMF Titanium 4 exhaust*
    *Shredder RA tires*

atv mags are biast

I am not sure.. Duncan is the only person allowed to sell these things in the U.S. The guy at Honda of St John's purchases these thru Duncan. Maybe try Duncan's web-site. I have been screwing around with the settings. You adujust all different ranges. It seems like you have a 6th gear on the top end on some settings. I am using the #1 setting This thing rips out of the turns and the mid is awesome. Now this things hits like a YFZ...
    Just Ride....

We sell the vortex cdi also but as you know they are on backorder for a week or so. Quadjeff are you trying to say that retail on the cdi is $720?
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of EXriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

#13 IATVHSS 06 TRX450ER
    08 Heartland Challenge Industry class 1st place
    08 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    07 Maxxis 12hr Industry class 1st Place
    07 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    06 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    05 IATVHSS Womens class 2nd place

Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
    We sell the vortex cdi also but as you know they are on backorder for a week or so. Quadjeff are you trying to say that retail on the cdi is $720?
    [i]And to think I was going to spend almost $800 on a new crf wiring system[/B]
    He was talking about an entire new wiring system for $800...

Sounds like this Vortez CDI is a must. Thanks for the review.

hawkII was talking about $800 wiring
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of EXriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

#13 IATVHSS 06 TRX450ER

Yeah. The wiring system for the CRF450 so he could use the CDI from the bike which has a much higher rev limit then the 450R.

The comment I was questioning is quadjeff said in his first post he paid$400 for the vortex cdi and later in his firts post he stated that was $320 less than Duncan racing.

#13 IATVHSS 06 TRX450ER

Yes, Duncan was selling the CDI kit for $720. I paid $400 from St Johns. That price from Duncan was when they first came out. Supply and deman i guess.
    Just Ride....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast