Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 05' ltz frames

05' ltz frames

Has anyone heard if they are strengthing the frames on 05' models or are they leaving the the same design as 04's.

the site didnt say anything so im guessing and its looking like they are staying the same as the 05's but the white/blue Z gets a blue frame
    San Diego, CA
    04' Z400
    alba jet kit, alba full pipe system, outerwear, k&n, alba pro flow billet adapter, alba chassis skid, alba kory ellis blue graphix, alba nerf bars, tag x5 bars, burgard +2 arms, AC racing bumper, OMF scoops, custom grill, custom grab bar, and sand star paddles all the way around with ITP t-9/s, front holeshot 20x6x10, and 18x10.5x9 kenda klaws, custom gussets, +2 custom steering stem, hella light, alba cdi, shockwears, front works w/out rezzies

The new 05 Z400 gets a new aluminum front bumper and grab bar, a larger 37mm carb, a re-designed cam,additinal clutch plates,new aluminum gearshift,magnesium clutch,valve,and ignition covers and new RESERVOIR-front shocks. it will also come with a new white version wit a blue frame.Sweet

Dirtwheels^^
    Honda 400EX 99’
    Red
    FMF Mega Max(slip-on),K&N air filter w/ outerwear,PEP steering stabilizer,Renthal bars,
    Moose racing 14t front sprocket,Sun-Star rear sprocket,DG alloy nerf bars (red),Armadillo bumper,Armadillo skid plates,Douglus.190 rims,Dura Blue axle carrier,DID X-ring chain,22” Maxxis Razr fronts,20” R/A shredders rear,Moose Hand guards,Lonestar block off plate,Maier Number plates,NOS octane booster

sponsers
    Herrmann Racing
    ATT Racing
    Spotts
    TekBolt
    ASV
    Pro-Formance Motosports
    MX BONZ

he was asking about if the frame was getting gusseted or fixed not what the new mods were
    San Diego, CA
    04' Z400
    alba jet kit, alba full pipe system, outerwear, k&n, alba pro flow billet adapter, alba chassis skid, alba kory ellis blue graphix, alba nerf bars, tag x5 bars, burgard +2 arms, AC racing bumper, OMF scoops, custom grill, custom grab bar, and sand star paddles all the way around with ITP t-9/s, front holeshot 20x6x10, and 18x10.5x9 kenda klaws, custom gussets, +2 custom steering stem, hella light, alba cdi, shockwears, front works w/out rezzies

im not sure if it is or not, i just thought other people would like to kno if they didnt already
    Honda 400EX 99’
    Red
    FMF Mega Max(slip-on),K&N air filter w/ outerwear,PEP steering stabilizer,Renthal bars,
    Moose racing 14t front sprocket,Sun-Star rear sprocket,DG alloy nerf bars (red),Armadillo bumper,Armadillo skid plates,Douglus.190 rims,Dura Blue axle carrier,DID X-ring chain,22” Maxxis Razr fronts,20” R/A shredders rear,Moose Hand guards,Lonestar block off plate,Maier Number plates,NOS octane booster

sponsers
    Herrmann Racing
    ATT Racing
    Spotts
    TekBolt
    ASV
    Pro-Formance Motosports
    MX BONZ

same frame as 04

I saw a 2005 today, there is a new gusset in the front shock area. The rest looks the same.

PS the new shocks look and feel very good

I believe the frames are the same, but after the late 03's were switched the welds haven't broke as much. I have an 04 and am running MX with a aren's frame brace, so far no cracks, the paint hasn't even chipped off yet.

LOL the 04 frame seems to have no updates in strength, i would hope they will address the issues cause the Z frames suck!

I think they've addressed their frame problems in the form of shocks. Call me crazy, but I think a lot of their frame problems were the result of inferior front shocks bottoming out, and damaging the frame at the upper shock mount. Good front shocks SHOULD solve most of those problems. If you're racing you will probably still want to gusset it.
    Back off boys..... She's mine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast