Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fouled plugs anyone??

Fouled plugs anyone??

I had my 400 serviced about two months ago and haven't been ridding all that much since. My 400 fouled a plug and when I took it out it was black, but not oily. It has a White Brothers slip on and K&N filter and jet kit. It's been about 40-45 degrees when I have been ridding, could the colder temp have caused this?...becasue we all know the 400's don't like to start when it's cold.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i have a yoshimura slip on and k&n jet kit and i too have fouled a couple of plugs duing the cold weather

BUY A NEW PLUG, NO PROBLEM! LOL
    Yellow 2001 400ex with the normal goods
    The Beer Prayer
    Our lager, Which art in barrels, Hallowed be thy drink. Thy will be drunk, (I will be drunk), At home as it is in the pub. Give us this day our foamy head, And forgive us our spillages, As we forgive those who spill against us. And lead us not to incarceration, But deliver us from hangovers. For thine is the beer,
    The bitter, and the lager. Barmen.

I don't think its any big deal. Mine and my buddys fouls them regularly. One guy that rides with us got a new 400, it fouled a plug on the second ride. I wouldn't worry about it.
    "99" 400ex
    "03" 300ex
    "07" LTZ 400
    Original Jackazz riders

yo i've had mine 4 over a year and only fouled 1!

:devil
    Yellow 2001 400ex with the normal goods
    The Beer Prayer
    Our lager, Which art in barrels, Hallowed be thy drink. Thy will be drunk, (I will be drunk), At home as it is in the pub. Give us this day our foamy head, And forgive us our spillages, As we forgive those who spill against us. And lead us not to incarceration, But deliver us from hangovers. For thine is the beer,
    The bitter, and the lager. Barmen.

You have a jetting problem. you're running rich. What main jet are you running???
    Also you might want to bump up the pilot jet to 40 or 42 for cold wheather starting it helps out a lot
    Bro
    07 Honda
    04 Honda

Timo Nielsen: CMRC ATV Intermediate class #99

Just leave it alone, its cold. Fouling plugs is pretty common.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

This may sound funny, but when I lived back in WI we used to use an electric blanket to warm the bike up in the garage before riding.. I had a 250X which was a pig to start also, but the blanket helped a ton. We wraped it around the bike and made sure it was touching the engine and sides of the engine, and when we were ready to go later (2hours or so) the bike would start right up. Just an idea but it works, and your seat is warm..
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    K&N filtering/moded airbox
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

i jus too a blowdryer, or rode it at 9:00pm the night afore, started easyer

i have had my 2000 ex since the summer of 99,,,,and have never fouled a plug.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast