Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what kind of pipe?

what kind of pipe?

What is the best pipe for my 86 250r?

your going to have to supply a little more information. like what type of riding and what motor mods you have done.
    Ride it like u stole it.
    450r, Elka, WER, GT Thunder, Fasst

Special Thanks To:
    *Risslers EXtreme ATV*

Ok, a little lesson in logic combined with simple economic principles.

If there was one "best" pipe, we would all own it, right? As such, since it's the "best", nobody would ever sell any other pipes, right? Well, if nobody can sell any pipe but the "best" pipe, wouldn't all other pipes drop out of the market?

Since you have lot's of choices for different pipes, it would indicate one of two things. Either all pipes are essentially the same, or all pipes are different and they each do different things.

So, to be helpful, I will answer that enigma: All pipes are different, they do different things.

Now you have to ask yourself, what are you looking for? Top-end power, low-end power, broad powerband? Basic all-around performance? Realize that you cannot have everything. If you want good overall performance, it won't be great in any single area, it will just be basic overall. If you want great top-end, you loose all your bottom-end. Vice-versa, great low-end makes lousy top-end.

So, figure out what you want, and then we can help you find a pipe to do that.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

-2011 CRF450R
    -2003 Cannondale Moto
    -1996 GSXR 1100
    -1987 TRX350 foreman :-)
    -1985 TRX250 fourtrax
    www.bvcracing.com

ESR TRX 5 is a great pipe for all around riding.
    Rissler's Extreme ATV

01 Roll Design Lobo 250R with a few extras
    LONG LIVE THE R!!!

LRD adjustable is awesome!

Check out the Paul Turner race pipe from Duncan.

I used to have an R with an LRD adjustable and loved it!! Great power and alot of mid-top out of it....
    -Paul

**Full TC 426cc national kit (rebuilt, back in business)**

-13:1 JE piston, national port+polish, lightened flywheel, port matched carb boot, TC 924 MX cam, TC hi rev CDI, oversize head stud kit, CRF cam chain, Carrillo HD rod, Sparks X-6 exhaust, FST auxillary oil cooler, PEP shocks, Laeger's +3 A-arms, JB Racing +1.25 swingarm, LSR axle, RPM tapered carrier, blue Maier plastic, Quadtech hood, Nacs graphics, seat cover, case saver, bar clamps etc, Renthal CR-Hi bend bars, Arens stem, Pro Design Pro Flow kit w/K&N, Outerwears airbox, snorkel hole + filter covers, RAD locknut, PEP E-Z pull clutch lever, Steel Braided brake lines, Razr MX tires, Douglas rims, Pro Armor nerfs, AC bumper, Rath seat latch, Motion Pro cables, WB e-brake block off, DID X-ring chain, Sidewinder sprockets, probably some more Im forgetting...

R.I.P Kelly Chang

yeah get an lrd adjustable
    E-mail: kmagner1234@yahoo.com

I got a sparks TT pipe on my bike and i race mx and i like it. but i am more of a fan of a mid to top end motor then a bottom end to mid motor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast