Thread: help with cdi rev box for Z400

Question help with cdi rev box for Z400

does anyone know what is a good brand of cdi rev box I should use on my Z.
    also do they make one that puts out more than 1000 rpm.

is your quad stock??if so, i personally dont see a reason for a higher RPM rev limiter..for the simple fact the engine isnt makin its peak HP at that high of a RPM..so your doin more damage then anything
    04 Raptor..dynojet jet kit, shortened white brothers r-4, white brothers airfilter, holeshot xcr's, holeshot mxr's on douglas rims, ac grab bar and more torque u can shake a stick at..oh yeah, blaster front shox for drag racin

its not going to hurt the bike but you will just float the valves do to the valves not closing fast enough
    San Diego, CA
    04' Z400
    alba jet kit, alba full pipe system, outerwear, k&n, alba pro flow billet adapter, alba chassis skid, alba kory ellis blue graphix, alba nerf bars, tag x5 bars, burgard +2 arms, AC racing bumper, OMF scoops, custom grill, custom grab bar, and sand star paddles all the way around with ITP t-9/s, front holeshot 20x6x10, and 18x10.5x9 kenda klaws, custom gussets, +2 custom steering stem, hella light, alba cdi, shockwears, front works w/out rezzies

cdi rev box

I have a full curtis sparks header and pipe. Also dyno jet kit with K&N intake

will the rev box still float my valves or tear up my engine with the mods I have done if it will break my bike I don't want to do it.

thanks for your reply.
    2004, Z400 curtis sparks header & pipe, jetted, K&N intake, A/C nerf bars, A/C bumper, hand guards

2005 YFZ450, white bros E-2 pipe, K&N intake, ESR CDI box, exhaust cam gear reset, A/C pro peg nerf bars, hand guards.

its not going to hurt your bike, its just when ya hit those extra revs your bike will bog down to the lower revs do to the valves not closing in time, i wouldnt get one as of now, i wouuld wait and get hotcams and springs, dyna ignition, and a carb, then a cdi
    San Diego, CA
    04' Z400
    alba jet kit, alba full pipe system, outerwear, k&n, alba pro flow billet adapter, alba chassis skid, alba kory ellis blue graphix, alba nerf bars, tag x5 bars, burgard +2 arms, AC racing bumper, OMF scoops, custom grill, custom grab bar, and sand star paddles all the way around with ITP t-9/s, front holeshot 20x6x10, and 18x10.5x9 kenda klaws, custom gussets, +2 custom steering stem, hella light, alba cdi, shockwears, front works w/out rezzies

Originally posted by SHOCKER
    i wouuld wait and get hotcams and springs, dyna ignition, and a carb, then a cdi
    A dyna ignition is a CDI.
    2006 LTR450 Rath Racing XC racer.

After you put in both hot cams you'll def. want a new cdi box. I myself did the next best thing to getting a cdi box, traded it in on a new 450r. LOL
    08 Raptor 700

i am running a 11k yosh on mine and i could tell a diff , its a lil more expensive but i hadnt heard very good thigns about the WB rev box

I've got a DynaTek for sale that I've used once. For GNCC's, it doesn't start as quick as stock-I was dead last off the line last year at Taylortown. I'd sell it for el-cheapo!

i have a yoshimura ingnition and it works awesome
    2006 #54 NEATV
    open expert/open pro-am
    honda trx walsh/pep/baldwin