Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FreeStYLe TiPS and TriCKs!

Question FreeStYLe TiPS and TriCKs!

Hey guys,
    i want to freestyle a bit with my 400ex, not 200 foot gaps, but big enough to throw a nac nac or something, my big tricks right now are 1 footers and no footers, how exactly can u grab big air on a 400 i used to go like 10-15 on my RM 125 but thats when i found out 4 wheelers are cooler and had to get one. but really, im having a hard time getting this puppy in the air to bust some moves!
    any sugesstions?
    thanks alot guys.
    This is what i got on my 400

you need to practice on hitting big jumps first,,,there's jumps I hit and the last thing I want to do is a trick,,master big jumps first then work on the tricks,,also if your gonna start hitting big jumps your gonna blow your stocker shocks real quick,,,I blowed out both my fronts in about 2 months after I bought the quad..

Thanks Rico,
    but i am having a problem getting the quad high enough on those big jumps! i dont need the practice i need the height!
    i feel the quad isnt getting enough power or im not gassing it right, im gonna experiment this weekend and see what is really going on. im designing a freestyle jump on my track upstate(which is slowly but surely being built) i got a 25 foot table top that i clear by 30 feet but it not enough for me!
    any good suggestions on how far my first double should be apart?
    thanks guys!

its all in the jump, build a nice big single,, then go about 30 feet and build a 40 foot table top, that way you can jump anywhere from 30 to 70 feet and still have a good landing, that would be enough air for alot of tricks

rico is right i blew my stock shocks as soon as i started hittin big jumps but when i first got my quad id just play around and not jump big at all but i could still do tricks i cant upload it because it says not valid but ive posted it b4 ,im goin liek 15 ft far and doin a nothing, my freind has done a saran wrap over it, its not how much air its hang time ,u dont have to go 40 ft to do trick,think about it 4th gear ur doin 45 to clear a 40 ft gap,u hit a 15 fter with pop ull be in the air just as long, maybe u just need to work on how fast and smoothly you can move on the quad,some guys just cant do tricks it all depends on the rider

one of the most important aspects of freestyle is knowing and trusting your ride. you have to know how your quad is going to react to the lip of the jump and how its gonna react when your throwing your body around it while your in the air. also you have to trust yourself. if you go out there and jump and your not commited to your trick you could get really messed up. if your can't make the trick get out of it early or just try and make it. also you should learn to fall just incase you ever do bail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

ive jumped 28 feet on my 3wheeler on a little 3 foot kicker b4 in my back yard.

uh 28 ft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u dont have shocks buddy u sure u weren smokin?j/p thats alot for no suspension

****..suspension doesnt have anything to do with the distance..yeah the landings beat the ***** outta me but hey..its still fun..my front shocks have like only 4 inches of travel too

yeah but still 28 ft killed on my 200x and that had 7 in of suspension and i landed light , maybe u jumped but imnot believeing it without pics

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast