Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 250X to a 250R HELP!!!

250X to a 250R HELP!!!

I started a project of putting a 250R engine in a 250X frame. I thought it was going to be a lot easier that it is going. Everything is alright so far its just where the carb connects to the motor is causing me a problem. The flange on a 250R comes out on an angle and I need one that comes straight out. The way it is now the carb hits the frame I need a flange that bolts up to a 250R engine but comes straight out not out on an angle. Also can I use the iginiton system from the 250X on that motor or do I need to buy the ignition for a 250R? Any experts out there have any tips for me or a way I might be able to do this I'm really stuck. Thanks!

Go talk to MacDizzy.com If it can be done he'll
    know how to do it.

Miller Highlife. O YEA

One possible method would be to get an aluminum reed spacer and maching it at an angle.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

What exactly do you mean but an aluminum reed spacer? What exactly would that do

i'm working on the same type of project, and i would like to know that answer just as much as you, millertime1234. if u find out a way, than let me know!

Originally posted by millertime1234
    What exactly do you mean but an aluminum reed spacer? What exactly would that do
    say the part that is giving you a problem is angled to the left,get the reed spacer angle the oppostite way then then the reeds would be like this \ and the part is angled the other way,and in order for it to go on,the carb will be straight...do you get me?
    JOHN
    New Jersey Devils

2008 YFZ 450...my new money pit

Filthy Revengence Racing

C&D Racing
    B&K Performance

Click here to email me
    AIM Devilsfan12

Boysen Rad valve

Try to find your self a Boysen rad valve. (E-bay) The intake is made of aluminum. It also makes the same bend at the stock one. However, you could cut a wedge out of the pipe and weld it back together. You might even be able to cut it on an angle and rotate the peices until you get it to angle you need.

As far as the ignition get one for the 250R. I am not sure 4 stroke CDI would work on a 2 stroke. You can get a CDI off E-bay for about $10.

I am not sure the reed spacer idea would work to good. The angle on the intake boot is too large. You would also have to have wedge shaped washers so that the mounting bolts would set flat on the intake boot. The reed spacer would have to go on between the reeds and the intake boot so that the reed are still stright in the cylinder.

What year 250r motor are you using (air cooled / water cooled)? Have you though about the location for the radator?

Any ways, good luck with the project.

Yeah I haven't gotten to the radaitor yet lol one thing at a time. So I just have to get the CDI off ebay I don't have to buy anything else? Yeah I don't know what were going to do I can't weld aluminum though all I have is a millermatic mig welder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast