Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon riders

Smile Oregon riders

Hey there, I just picked up a 400ex about a month and a half ago. I've been riding 3 wheelers and quads for a long time, but I'm new to riding in the sand dunes. I'm looking for some new local people to go riding with in the Sand Dunes. I'm available at least one day out of every weekend, and in the Summer I'll be able to take off for some longer trips. So far I've made one trip out to Sand Lake to try out my Gecko's. They worked pretty good, as far as I can tell. I beat a banshee up the hill, so I was happy about that. Anyway, drop me a line if anyone's interested in going riding.
    '06 Raptor 700R
    '04 V-Force

NW Quadriders

I usually have to work weekends but i'm off this Sat. (6th) and next Sat. (13th). I MIGHT make a day trip to Sandlake depending on the weather. Probably not this Sat. though.

Welcome to EXRIDERS,

Joe
    ATVRiders Janitorial Technician

!!!!!DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!

I think I'll go to Sand Lake on Saturday the 13th. I'm going to be putting my new pipe on this weekend, and rejetting the carb. Drop me a line if you think you can make it.
    '06 Raptor 700R
    '04 V-Force

NW Quadriders

hope your new pipe is below 92db all my friends had to pull off the aftermarket pipes last year at florence i ride a 2 stoke so i just run when i see those green and white trucks but anyhow i will be at florence the 25th,26thand the 27th in the campground honey man the h loop

brokenbones
    new baby at home and toys are still in the garage

Well....I know that it won't be less than 92 dB. From what I've read, the Yoshi pipe is one of the quieter ones for the 400ex. I figure as long as the guys with the Raptors, DS 650's, and Banshees with T-5 pipes are out there, I won't seem near as loud as them. I usually ride at Sand Lake, because it is closer, but I will make sure to have new packing in my muffler any time I go to the Oregon Dunes.
    '06 Raptor 700R
    '04 V-Force

NW Quadriders

Thumbs down Any one have and opinion about the resent flags mandatory at Sand Lake, Oregon?

The way i feel about it is, I think that it sould be maditory for a quad or sand rail but i think it is stupid for dirtbikes and trucks\cars to have a flag. I think that they are enforcing too many laws and it is taking away the enjoyment of riding. On the other hand though, safty is always a good thing.

I think flags on bikes are stupid, it makes it hard to get on and off, especially in an emergency. Too bad we couldn't just screen for IQ and common sense. Keep those people in a "special" section.

Yes, flags are a pain at times, but if my having a flag on my bike keeps me from getting squashed by a sandrail, I'll just keep riding with one on my bike. Everyone needs to use a little common sense when riding out in the dunes. Use a spotter when doing big jumps, never approach the top of a big hill in the middle of the hill where people are drag racing up it. There's lots of things to do that only experience will teach you. Unfortunately, you and I have to watch out for the morons out there that aren't paying attention. Anyways....I'd rather be riding than complaining about other people. Life's too short.:blah
    '06 Raptor 700R
    '04 V-Force

NW Quadriders

Well chad as for your theory on the Banshee's and two stroke's. it seems to me they catch all the loud 4-strokes. They are so used to the 2-stroke sound that they don't worry about them.

Also I don't know where you are from, but we are planning a camping trip to Christmas Valley sand dunes May 10th-12th. It would be great if you want to come. We are trying to get a big croud. Well if you are interested, leave me reply on here or email me @ rjciii@hotmail.com
    Hope to hear from you
    RC 3

when i get my new 400ex broke in and get some paddles ill be out at the dunes, ive only rode once out there so im a newbie, even though i live 5 miles from box car hehe. . im live in north bend btw, email me if you wanna go riding or know where the good trail riding spots are. .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast