Thread: Spline wear on front sprocket shaft

Spline wear on front sprocket shaft

While replacing my front sprocket, I noticed quite a bit of backlash due to wear to the splines on the shaft. I was wondering if anybody as ever experienced this and what did they do to fix the problem.

I know that the best fix would be to replace the shaft but it will be a lot of work to disassemble the transmission to get to it. I was hoping that someone would tell me if they have ever tried one of those product to rebuild worn spline or threads in industrial application. I believe Loctite used to make some thing like that.
    87 250X: FMF Power Core 4 Exhaust System, UNI Filter, Alloy handle bars, Renthal grips, Holeshot XCR (front) Klaw MX on Douglas .190 (rear) or Super Swamper (rear), WB Pro Series Nerf Bars

98 450ES: windshield, cargo box, Magellan GPS, full body skid plate,WARN winch

Help, anyone?
    87 250X: FMF Power Core 4 Exhaust System, UNI Filter, Alloy handle bars, Renthal grips, Holeshot XCR (front) Klaw MX on Douglas .190 (rear) or Super Swamper (rear), WB Pro Series Nerf Bars

98 450ES: windshield, cargo box, Magellan GPS, full body skid plate,WARN winch

I had the same thing happen to my 300. The splines eventually broke and now i'm looking for a 350x motor.
    04 450r
    dr.d exhaust
    razr II's
    ac mudscreen bumper
    ac pro pegs
    honda woody decals
    300/350x conversion - sold

Midwest Cross Country Series #25
    http://blog.myspace.com/jayquadrider