Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Y is there no grease fittings??!!

Y is there no grease fittings??!!

y is there not any grease fittings on my 250X u would think that there would be, but theres not, also how would i grease all the ball joints and everthing on it
    thanks!
    99 chevy ZR-2
    01 426EX
    02 CR 250
    03 CBR600RR
    03 MXZX factory mod 800

"If winning is not everything then how come we keep score?"
    N.R.R.
    ~No Shirts, No Pads, Just Balls~

Guess ya gotta do it thee old fashion way.....

If your talking about something like the axle carrier, you can take it apart and put a grease fitting on there. I did that with my old Blaster.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Zerk fittings my friend,zerk fittings!
    1989 TRX300 4x4
    Stock

1986 Suzuki LT250R-
    DG Type II Silencer
    Wiseco Piston
    Maier Plastics
    Ceet Seat Cover
    Renthal Bars
    DG Baja Grab Bar
    *Blown Bottom End!*

Past ATV'S: TRX200SX,Warrior,Blaster,LT185,
    TRX250X W/350X MTR, Two ATC110's,ATC90,LT50,LT230S

i am pretty sure the bearings and bushings are sealed so you don't need zerks.

Can't you use a needle to inject the grease into the ball joint itself since there isnt any zirk fittings? Seems a little old school but should work.

Tread

you'd think by now people would realise that Honda isn't into that kinda thing Besides then all Honda would have is people complaining about broken seals....
    94 4trax 300 4x4 01 MXZ 700 01 400ex 86 250R

Well, that is the way they used to grease old car ball joints before they had zirk fittings. I don't see why it wouldn't work if u use a small needle. It shouldn't bust out any boots or anything. A small needle size hole won't bust or blow out any boots.

Tread

Honda has sealed bearings etc.

I have added grease using a small plastic injection style needle. I think it was for measuring medicine for babies. Anyway a red tube that comes with a can of WD40 (or carb cleaner etc.) will fit between the ball joint dust boot and shank (I think its called the shank?). I superglued the red tube into the injection needle and it worked. Very hard to depress the needle and it just adds grease inside the boot and not really worth the effort. I bought 2 Zerks but don't dare drill into the top of the ball joint because they look like they would interfere, so I gave up.
    Mike -

grease attracts dirt and sand, and when mixed they turn into an abrasive paste that destroys everything. unless you park your quad in a lake every night or go apesheet with a pressure washer every day, there's no need to grease balljoints etc. the carrier bearings are sealed and if you tap a zerk in there, you're wasting your time and making a mess. the grease will never even see the balls in there. honda is smart, know this!
    life is like a crap sandwich... the more bread you have the less crap you gotta take
    02 400ex, slowly evolving into a 450r:
    450r front shocks, footpegs, heelguards, pro circuit t4 slipon, jet kit, k+n, lightened flywheel, 16 tooth front sprocket, moose fly clutch lever w/ motion pro t2 cable, tag t2 cr dbl hi bend bars, pingry o/s oil tank,
    looking to trade my brand new set of rear holeshot xct's for new 450r rear radials. p.m. me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast