Thread: Tranny fluid in stator cover.

Tranny fluid in stator cover.

My R is filling the left hand side (stator cover) of the motor on my 250R with Tranny fluid. What gives, it seems like it is coming from the bottom bolt that holds the two half of the cases together. I checked the harmonic balancer and the seal is good and I also put a little permatex to make sure. But it is still filling up the left side.

Anyone else see this?

Thanks
    -Marc
    1988 TRX 250R
    Durablue axle
    Laeger +2+1 arms
    Works front shocks
    NOSS head
    Curtis Sparks pipe
    Ported/Polished

could be the o-ring that goes around the counterbalancer holder thats leaking.....
    -2011 CRF450R
    -2003 Cannondale Moto
    -1996 GSXR 1100
    -1987 TRX350 foreman :-)
    -1985 TRX250 fourtrax
    www.bvcracing.com

Checked that, as stated in the 1st post.

Does that bottom bolt go all the way through so that it would have access to tranny fluid.

The only thing I could think of is that I didn't have a long enough bolt in, had a crack that was allowing oil into that bolt passage, or the gasket between the 1/2 cases was giving me problems.

Just wanted to see that other had experienced.

-Marc
    1988 TRX 250R
    Durablue axle
    Laeger +2+1 arms
    Works front shocks
    NOSS head
    Curtis Sparks pipe
    Ported/Polished

did you check the crankshaft seal behind the flywheel ?

Originally posted by jerry-89-250R
    did you check the crankshaft seal behind the flywheel ?
    Thats what Im going to guess whats wrong with it.
    1989 250r, LRD silencer, Delta v-force reeds, Keihin 40.5mm PWK carb, k&n air filter, custom air shrouds, ESR 350pv big Bore cylinder, ESR head, ESR trx11 pipe, Janssen Racing Basket, AC front bumper, +4 swingarm, tag bars, Elka shocks

Wife's bike:2005 TRX450r.... Full system Yoshimura tri-oval, Hrc kit, K&N air filter

your crankshaft is sealed off seperate from the tranny,plus the only oil in there should be from the pre-mix,and it should be burning off.unless both of you crank seals are bad then the oil would come from one side to the other.if thats whats happening it shouldn't run very good because of all the extra oil.
    Cale Clarkson
    2013 RZR XP 4 900

Isn't there just Pre-Mix behind the crank seal? And it isn't coming from the seal, I wiped it clean and it is coming from below the seal, seems like the case bolt.

The bike runs fine (great after I have replaced the reeds). But I have pulled that bottom bolt and used some blue RTV on it and I haven't seen any leaks. So hopefully I have it taken care of. I think that I have a leak between the case gasket. I split the cases this winter and this motor has only been in the chassie for a month or so.

Well we'll see. Thanks everyone.

-Marc
    1988 TRX 250R
    Durablue axle
    Laeger +2+1 arms
    Works front shocks
    NOSS head
    Curtis Sparks pipe
    Ported/Polished