Thread: Boring out a stock 400ex carb

Boring out a stock 400ex carb

I want to bore out my stock carbs on my 400ex because I have heard a few poeple say it really helps but I am not quite sure what the specs are that they need to be bored to? Is it a straight bore or a taper bore? How many mm should I bore it to? I have some CNC equipment that I can use and I am a machinist by trade so I thought I would give it a try. Any info would be appreciated.

i believe that when you send it in to sparks or rocky ridge, they may do one or two more things than just bore it out. however, the stock carb is a 35.5mm. it can be bored up to 38mm. good luck
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

I don't think it's put on a machine to be done. A dremel tool, a careful Eye and practice on previous carbs is how it's done. I have a bored stock carb and yes it does help but I'm willing to bet a dremel tool is what is used to do the job..