Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I do first? Engine or Suspension?

Question What should I do first? Engine or Suspension?

Should I widen my quad and get some aftermarket shocks or should I get a 440 kit for me 400ex???

Do you race and what kind of riding do you do?
    -2001 300ex-
    -1999 400ex-

depends on if you wanna drag race or jump
    judging from your name I'd say suspension

I like to ride tracks and jump and all that but I also like to go fast. I was looking into a CT high output 440 kit or a TC 505. If I got arms and suspension I was looking into Housers arms and maybe some Elka's along with an elka rear shock and wider axel maybe a swingarm to. Whats your opinion?

if ur going to do track riding get the suspension and such. cause the engin has engouh power to ride the track and hit the jumps. if u get the arms, axle, suspension ur landings will be good and the corners will be not tippy
    z400on order ac dirt screen bumper ac pro pegs tag t2s trail tech bar clamps-soon a lsr axel

KX125 pro circuit top triple clamps w/bar mounts,Pro Circuit Platuium pipe, Pro Circuti Shorty silencer, renthal twin walls moto tasinari v force reed cage, one industries graphics, black rear # plates

You want to do the Suspension/Chassis Stuff first. I would go with some Houser +2 A-Arms, Elka Triple Rate SSD Comp. Adjust Front Shocks, Houser +1-1/4 Swingarm, Elka Rear Shock Rebuild, Fastline Break Lines, RPM Axle, and a Axle Nut.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

If you can't handle the power, whats the use in having it?
    "We'll put a boot in your ***...its the American way."
    AIM Name-JakeFox06

i agree do chassis first because if you cant use your power to its full potential because your chassis wont hadle it you might as well not have a more powerful motor
    2002 400ex BLUE- 04' CRF 450r motor Ecatv conversion

1986 200sx
    2003 rincon
    2004 cr 85 expert

the FARM

I too recommend suspension first. I think you will enjoy the handling effects more than the high output effects, if tested side by side. My 2 cents..... Good luck!

i think maybe do a little of both. how much are u willing to spend? i assume alot because you are planning on getting elkas but why dont you get a littlw bit cheaper shocks, then get maybe a 416/440, cam, gaskets, etc. good luck!
    Yellow 2001 400ex with the normal goods
    The Beer Prayer
    Our lager, Which art in barrels, Hallowed be thy drink. Thy will be drunk, (I will be drunk), At home as it is in the pub. Give us this day our foamy head, And forgive us our spillages, As we forgive those who spill against us. And lead us not to incarceration, But deliver us from hangovers. For thine is the beer,
    The bitter, and the lager. Barmen.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast