Thread: frame

frame

How can i prevent the frame from cracking?
    Charlie

GUSSET IT! strip down the whole bike and weld in some gussets on the shock mounts and maybe a couple other spots and you will be good
    San Diego, CA
    04' Z400
    alba jet kit, alba full pipe system, outerwear, k&n, alba pro flow billet adapter, alba chassis skid, alba kory ellis blue graphix, alba nerf bars, tag x5 bars, burgard +2 arms, AC racing bumper, OMF scoops, custom grill, custom grab bar, and sand star paddles all the way around with ITP t-9/s, front holeshot 20x6x10, and 18x10.5x9 kenda klaws, custom gussets, +2 custom steering stem, hella light, alba cdi, shockwears, front works w/out rezzies

Originally posted by SHOCKER
    GUSSET IT! strip down the whole bike and weld in some gussets on the shock mounts and maybe a couple other spots and you will be good
    He said it, that should keep it from cracking, you'de have to work pretty hard to crack that
    neatv-mx #323
    4-stroke B

blue 05 yfz
    finished.... for now

i over shot a 70 foot table top and hit so hard i thought i broke both of my wrists and ancles and all it did to my kfx was crack the plastic swing arm guard thing.
    -06 LTR 450-
    Yoshi Cherry Bomb
    04 Nissan 350z
    APS Twin Turbos
    Invidia Test Pipes
    Greddy EVO TT exhaust
    Greddy Type S Coilovers

ouch! I know how that feels though, except my blaster didn't get off as easy as your kfx did
    neatv-mx #323
    4-stroke B

blue 05 yfz
    finished.... for now

IM jealous kawi_ridah, i cased the downhill double at rausch creek and broke both my shockmounts.
    04' YFZ 450
    06' LTR 450
    03' Z400
    01' 406EX- R.I.P
    97' MXZ 583
    02' mxzx 600
    District 34, #450
    Aim: Hippiekicker 250

ouch!!! how that blaster end up?? and double ouch lol you alright man. that sux, how much was it to fix those mounts
    -06 LTR 450-
    Yoshi Cherry Bomb
    04 Nissan 350z
    APS Twin Turbos
    Invidia Test Pipes
    Greddy EVO TT exhaust
    Greddy Type S Coilovers

You can keep your frame from cracking by gusseting the hell out of it. And I dont mean one of those lonestar kits. Im talking GUSSETING by adding custom tube pieces to hole up the downtubes and headstay, above the shock mounts, etc... My buddy just had his 3rd Z frame gusseted hardcore, Ill post some pics when I get them scanned...
    -Paul

**Full TC 426cc national kit (rebuilt, back in business)**

-13:1 JE piston, national port+polish, lightened flywheel, port matched carb boot, TC 924 MX cam, TC hi rev CDI, oversize head stud kit, CRF cam chain, Carrillo HD rod, Sparks X-6 exhaust, FST auxillary oil cooler, PEP shocks, Laeger's +3 A-arms, JB Racing +1.25 swingarm, LSR axle, RPM tapered carrier, blue Maier plastic, Quadtech hood, Nacs graphics, seat cover, case saver, bar clamps etc, Renthal CR-Hi bend bars, Arens stem, Pro Design Pro Flow kit w/K&N, Outerwears airbox, snorkel hole + filter covers, RAD locknut, PEP E-Z pull clutch lever, Steel Braided brake lines, Razr MX tires, Douglas rims, Pro Armor nerfs, AC bumper, Rath seat latch, Motion Pro cables, WB e-brake block off, DID X-ring chain, Sidewinder sprockets, probably some more Im forgetting...

R.I.P Kelly Chang

everything will break what kind of riding do you do? you may not even need gussets. what year is your bike? also when you gusset a section of the frame it will cause other parts of the frame to crack where it normally wouldnt cause of the stress. im not saying gusseting is bad it will prevent cracking but will not stop it