Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened in your 1st race

What happened in your 1st race

I just wanted to hear some peoples stories of your 1st race, whether it's TT or MX,,

i would love to answer this question

My first race was a 1hour harescramble on a old yz80 when i was about 10. Im sure I probally got lapped by some people in my class, and i almost ended up going backwords on the track. Well first races are always a good learning experience.

my first quad race i got 5th but my first bike was when i was about 11 on a bike ( cr 80 ) i got a great start but got blown away and got like 11th outta 14 or something...my first 125 race was when i was 14 and got a great start 3rd into the 1st turn got taken out about ran over and then i got up went over the (bonzi) double just to find a dude picking his bike up well you guessed it he didn't look and pulled it up infront of me welp no time to stop i t-boned him, broke my new shoei helmet and my clutch lever dnfed the 1 st moto and in the second i got 13th outta like 28 i think but that was also my last 125 race..i like my quads later toby :devil
    06 YFZ 450..all white... LRD pipe, jet kit, lid removed, cam mod

LT JB front end and Ohlins shocks coming before june.

Well mine wasn't anything real spectacular,,It was a quad race. I wheelied out of the gate and figured I'd be in last place at the first turn.. Well I ended up about 5th out of the gate and finished 2nd. The second moto went about the same but I ended up 4th which give me an overall of 2nd for the night,,,I never thought in a million years I'd end up with a 2nd place trophy from my 1st race against about 14 other riders,,

Hey 51 when u talk about the "bonzi double" do u mean the one at sleepy hollow ? I race PA district 6 also. Do you still race d-6 ?

My first race was last year on my rm250, I ended up holeshoting both moto's and finished second in both. I was surprised at the outcome. My first race on my quad wasn't quuite as fun. I was doing pretty good, I was in 3rd ( i think) I was getting some big air (two 65-70ft doubles and a 70 foot tabletop). Then I landed on the rear tires of one of my buddy's and went over the bars hard. Broke my arm, my wrist in two places had some pretty sore ribs and was pretty scratched up! I'm going to race my first mx race since the crash on sunday. Crashing gets you down but it kind of goes with the game!!:devil
    SOLD
    2003 KFX400...Elka, LSR, BIGGUN, 909, AC, holeshot mx, Tamers.

oo4exkid-you know the jump at sleepy hallow? yes thats the one i am reffering to..i have been racing dist 5 lately but if i get my quad back together then i'd like to be down before the end of the season...you race there as well?
    06 YFZ 450..all white... LRD pipe, jet kit, lid removed, cam mod

LT JB front end and Ohlins shocks coming before june.

My first race, only 3 weeks ago, went pretty good. I got 5th, then 4th, and then 5th again. I decided that I would have to buy some new tires before racing again so I went out and bought some ITP Holeshots MX's on douglas .190 rims. The next weekend I went out and had a really good start. I remained in 2nd till the last lap and got passed (Now in 3rd) then on the last turn my beed broke and the guy behind me passed me, he was on a Scrambler, so I ended up getting 4th. Got back to the pits to inspect my tire and I noticed a 3 inch gash in the sidewall. The guys a Rocky Mountain ATV took care of me and replaced it for free.--- FYI--- They have the best tires prices around.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

51 -- I dont race mx but I was up at sleepy the other week. I race all the flyingdutchmen harescrambles and the state harescrambles series. Did you race motorama ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast