Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am tired of getting spanked...

I am tired of getting spanked...

My friend has a 400z with a full curtis sparks race exhaust and jet kit and when we race he walks away from me. In a 1/4 mile he usually beats me by 4 quad lengths. Do you guys have problems beating the 400z in a race? This is what I have done to my 400ex:

Full FMF exhaust
    165 main jet
    curtis sparks 6 degree timing advance
    K and N air filter
    Air box lid mod (has a 3 inch hole in it)
    Hot Cam stage 2
    10:1 high compression piston

I do have 1 inch bigger diameter tires in the front with the .190 wall thickness, could that really be slowing me down?

I need help!

It sounds to me that you shoudnt have much trouble beating him with those mods. But hey im no expert

He shouldn't be beating you by that much, I'd say it's rider error. Improve on your take-offs and shifting techniques down.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

Rider error shouldn't be a problem because we are doing 2nd gear roll-ons. Basically we are showing all engine.

EAST TN NEAR WINROCK,BITTERCREEK, AND GOBIE

EX

You might nock a tooth or two off the rear cog!
    88"310xcR- ct310,GPR ,houser +1stem,elka front ,hiper wheels,fmf h-40 pipe,V-force,air stryker,lonestar rearaxle,antifade+carrier,wave rotors,Quadtechhood,protapers,prm plate =bumpers,KLOTZ lubes,Axis rearshock,burgard swing and a-arms, 86xcR- under cons. 350PV cylinder,LRD bb pipe Vforce,Air stryker,elkas,c-series (black),red maier,Houser -1 swingarm,hinson,late model tranny with yukon gears,ac propegs,sitting on crate while collecting more funds.

XC430EX - 11:1piston,edelbrock carb,Curtis sparks X-6,mod head,stage2 cam,hinson8plate,works rezzy fronts,axis rear,hi pers,holeshot xct's,burgard +1's,pro tapers,wave rotors,prm plates + bumpers 88'XC310R - 38air stryker,Vforce,fmf h-40 pipe,pro tapers,burgard stem+1 a-arms,wave rotors,rpm axle+axle housing,hi pers,holeshot HD's,Laeger swingarm,axis front+rears,hinson,pep damper,WER damper too,sunstar,regina,cycra,renthal,KLOTZ lubes 86'350PV R - CTcylinder,40.5mm pwk,LRD BB pipe,hinson clutches,Vforce,burgard-1 swingarm,ac propegs,and running out of greenage so she resting on a crate for little while!

Don't feel bad a bone stock Z400 beat my KFX which had a jet kit, full Yoshi RS-3, Pro-Flow foam air filter, Razr2's with Hipers, and Hotcams Stage2.... (stage 2 kit is both cams)

This Bone stock Z also won multiple races with a 440EX and a Predator 500, it even beat a 250R trike. With a different riders on my quad the race was closer but the stock Z400 still won... So don't feel bad at all, it's just one of those things that the factory gets right every now and then. You can change your gearing so that you get the holeshot or pull on him at the end... that gives you a legitimate excuse about why you can't win. (I would redo the jetting though and do full plug chops, every bike is different and the jetting might be off a wee-bit...
    '03 KFX-400: Yosh RS-3/11k CDI, JD Jet, PRM skid/Smt, Pro-flow, Pingel t-kill, Hmetr, IMS tank, LED tail, Casesaver, Hipers/Razr2's, Hotcams, Houser 1.25"LT, FCR40, PrArmr Nerfs, TT X-bar, ARS/FX +2"LT, +1 stem, Custom Axis, RPM Dom, Oury, Machinist MCCT, (In works: port/polish, 12.1:1, valvesprings, gussets)

Originally posted by Sc0
    Don't feel bad a bone stock Z400 beat my KFX which had a jet kit, full Yoshi RS-3, Pro-Flow foam air filter, Razr2's with Hipers, and Hotcams Stage2.... (stage 2 kit is both cams)

This Bone stock Z also won multiple races with a 440EX and a Predator 500, it even beat a 250R trike. With a different riders on my quad the race was closer but the stock Z400 still won... So don't feel bad at all, it's just one of those things that the factory gets right every now and then. You can change your gearing so that you get the holeshot or pull on him at the end... that gives you a legitimate excuse about why you can't win. (I would redo the jetting though and do full plug chops, every bike is different and the jetting might be off a wee-bit...
    Can you say sleeper?
    2006 White Suzuki LTR450 - Cherry Bomb - SOLD

97' BMW ///M3

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360918

E-mail - fastandthefurious67(at)msn.com

Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
    Can you say sleeper?
    Yea....it obviously wasnt stock.
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

Magic Fairy dust is his secret.
    05 YFZ
    Custom Axis, Ars-Fx, Hiper, Rekluse, Pro-tec Skids.... Nuff Said!

OXC #317 B-Class

I dont believe a word of it... A stock Z400 is not that impressive of a bike, especially to be beating a slightly MODDED version of the SAME bike (your KFX). There is no way that the factory "got it right" with his Z and missed the boat with your KFX. If this was the case, Suzuki would have some major quality control issues to deal with... (Oh WAIT, thats right, they DO have major quality control issues with those bikes... There IS no quality to them at all!!!) By the way, the dude has to be a sleeper...
    -Paul

**Full TC 426cc national kit (rebuilt, back in business)**

-13:1 JE piston, national port+polish, lightened flywheel, port matched carb boot, TC 924 MX cam, TC hi rev CDI, oversize head stud kit, CRF cam chain, Carrillo HD rod, Sparks X-6 exhaust, FST auxillary oil cooler, PEP shocks, Laeger's +3 A-arms, JB Racing +1.25 swingarm, LSR axle, RPM tapered carrier, blue Maier plastic, Quadtech hood, Nacs graphics, seat cover, case saver, bar clamps etc, Renthal CR-Hi bend bars, Arens stem, Pro Design Pro Flow kit w/K&N, Outerwears airbox, snorkel hole + filter covers, RAD locknut, PEP E-Z pull clutch lever, Steel Braided brake lines, Razr MX tires, Douglas rims, Pro Armor nerfs, AC bumper, Rath seat latch, Motion Pro cables, WB e-brake block off, DID X-ring chain, Sidewinder sprockets, probably some more Im forgetting...

R.I.P Kelly Chang

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast