Thread: Hydraulic Clutch conversion, who what when where.....?

Question Hydraulic Clutch conversion, who what when where.....?

Has anyone converted their clutch cable over to a hydraulic system? I saw one in the bike shop the other day and I was looking at someone's (can't remember who) personal page and they had one on their list of mods. Is it worth it? What brand did you get and where? Thanks!
    2000 - 440EX - 13:1 JE Piston, port and polish, White Bros Cam, Kibblewhite valves, balanced and lightened flywheel, Clarke 5.5 Gal tank, White Bros Seat Cover and Graphics Kit. 14 tooth sprocket, 22in XCT Holeshot rears, 23" Holeshot XCT's fronts. ACR Front Bumper, AC Propeg Nerf Bars, PRM Swingarm Skid, Renthal bars, Denton Steering Stabilizer, EZ-pull clutch lever and perch, WB Blockoff plate, E-series slip on. Works Triple Rates.

GONE, I miss it so....

knighttime (Mike), this is right up your alley...

Well, I have seen knighttime's setup and ridden it....VERY NICE. The clutch action is SO damn smooth. Someday I'll have one....

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

I think that you saw Erin Wolf's ex racer from www.400ex.com Look through his mods.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

MPS in Columbus, (Should have called them first) said they could get a Magura (sp?) conversion for $239.00. This is the first shop I've talked to that knows anything about them. I don't know if it would be worth it.
    JHalletEX, you are right, that's where I saw it!! Thanks!
    Yeah he has them for $200 plus $10 shipping. Is it worth it though? Still undecided.
    Last edited by buckeye400ex; 08-28-2001 at 12:02 PM.
    2000 - 440EX - 13:1 JE Piston, port and polish, White Bros Cam, Kibblewhite valves, balanced and lightened flywheel, Clarke 5.5 Gal tank, White Bros Seat Cover and Graphics Kit. 14 tooth sprocket, 22in XCT Holeshot rears, 23" Holeshot XCT's fronts. ACR Front Bumper, AC Propeg Nerf Bars, PRM Swingarm Skid, Renthal bars, Denton Steering Stabilizer, EZ-pull clutch lever and perch, WB Blockoff plate, E-series slip on. Works Triple Rates.

GONE, I miss it so....

i heard they broke off easy.......

Question

"break off easy..." As in breaking off in a wreck, when the quad is rolled over or breaking off because of normal riding wear and tear? Either way, I don't know if I'm going to invest the $200+ bucks on one. If I was racing I probably would, but for my trail riding, I think I'll just go with the much cheaper CR perch and lever, (aka.. SLB's ROB SETUP)

GONE, I miss it so....

The hydraulic clutch is cool, but not a "must have". It's awesome, but if it would break in the trail, I'd be f'd. I dont think it will happen though.

I'd say get one though. You only live once.:devil
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

I just bought a Magnum EZ-Pull lever and perch, so I'll run that for a few. I may upgrade to the hydraulic eventually. Thanks for the feedback.

GONE, I miss it so....