Thread: Raptor needs are help

Raptor needs are help

My friend has a 01 raptor and the starter stated to make a cunling sould ( Like the teeth were broken) or didn't engage and freewheeled. Then it wouldn't start at all now. He try to pop start and it would kinda run but made a awful clunk.
    I've heard of this on othere forums. They say is the oneway clutch bearing. Does anybody know of this problem and help me. Like how hard is it to fix. Do I have to split the case or just take off the side case. How much are the parts. What are the parts do I need.
    He may ride a raptor but he my riding partner and he tows my quad around so if he don't ride I don't ride.
    :devil

take a big screw driver and tap the starter hard usally that does it.
    01 yamaha warrior black & white complete big gun race pipe, dyno power kit w/k&n, 22" front razrs, rear 20*11*8, dg nerfs, prm front bumper, piaa headlights, msr chrome handle bars, ez pull clutch kit, nacs block-off plate, maier back plastics, + air box mods FOR SALE!

yellow 02 400ex, IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING EVEN MORE HOOKED UP!

Go over to bluetraxx and read up there or ask....I know there's a post goin on regarding the 01 raptor and all the things that are wrong with them,,and the problems people are having,,you'll probably find what your lookin for there...

Thumbs down

yeah your right its the one way clutch assymbley. if im not mistakin its about $200 for the one way. ive never changed it so im not sure how hard it is or long it takes but mines not far from it ill be getting one soon.

Live EXvillin said, take a hammer or screwdriver and crack it a shot and it should free the binded wiring up.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

No, it's the sprag in the starter that's bad (the one way clutch). It wasn't an early problem with the Raptor but then about 2 months a large number of people have started to experience this problem. I know there's several threads over at Bluetraxx about this. It is roughly a $200 job and isn't that difficult.
    2013 KTM 300XC