Thread: XC Ground Clearence (250R disk on 400)?

XC Ground Clearence (250R disk on 400)?

Does anyone on hear run a 250R brake disk on there 400? I have a ground clearence issue. I am running 20" razors, and don't want to run 22" they are too tall. I have been told to run a 250 R rear disk and move the skid plate up.

Do you have to run the 250R caliper or just the caliper mount?

Thanks for the help.
    416EX (GNCC)

Hey yah the 250r disk is smaller,but you need a 250r caliber,and mounting. The disk may be smaller,but if you run a rear skid,the skid is made for the 400ex disk,so it will still stick down the same distance,iunless you make some concothion.
    2003 Cannodale Blaze: HDC Built 468 Falicon Stroker, JE 13:1 piston, portjob,PC Carbon Rad. Shrouds,Carbon Tank Cover, Carbon Headlight Deletes, LSR Axle, Houser +3 LT arms, TCS LT shocks, Ohlins w/ Elka Parts Rear, Holeshot XCR's and MXR4's, Z400 throttle, FMF Ti4 Anodized silencer, PRM Bumper and Grab bar

2003 Silverado 3500 D/A Ext. Cab LS AFE stg 2 Intake,Predator stacked w/ Edge Hot O.J., Magna Flow Str8 Piped,PUTCO Grille, SCC Ram-Air hood,Escalade Handles,Smoked cab/marker lights, Kicker Components, JL W6 12's, 1200W JBL amp,Eclipse Double Din Touchscreen, and many more to come

How can you raise a skid on the 400ex. it is attached to the swingarm.
    -2001 300ex-
    -1999 400ex-

You can cut almost 1/2" off of the mounts and still have plent of thread left for the mounting bolts, so that is why I considered doing this. It seams possible, just wanted to kow if anyone has done this yet.
    416EX (GNCC)

I've got the R brakes and a 400EX swingarm. You need the R caliper, caliper mount, disk, and disk hub. It does bolt on though. Right now I'm running a PRM skidplate, but I'm planning on making a custom plate for more clearance. The PRM really hangs down I don't think you'd want to cut part of the mounts off the swingarm, you'd have to go with a smaller sprocket too.

One more thing with the stock swingarm, the front caliper bolt almost touches the swingarm. It can't be removed without taking off the disk and caliper mount plate. I think pad changes might be time consuming.

Well if you are really concenred about ground clearance just buy a 250r swing arm and your set.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db