Thread: Engine Starter

Engine Starter

Well, today I was at the track, and I was riding fine, I came back to the pits for a drink, and when I went to start it back up the starter motor didn't even make a sound. My electrics work fine, my lights turn on and the nuetral light goes on and its bright. I am REALLY starting to hate my EX cause all it does is break, but it's all I can afford right now. What should I do to fix it?

thanks
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450
    AIM= EXMX54

You probably need to get a new starter. Check out Service Honda to see how much they are, then try finding one on eBay or something.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

new starter motor from service honda = $176.39
    Is there any possibility that it's powersource got cut off, or a wire worked its way off? I HATE ELECTRICS!!!! any help will be appreciated!

thanks!
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450
    AIM= EXMX54

Take ur battery cables of and clean the contacts, when my starter went bad it made the selenoid click.
    05 YFZ
    Custom Axis, Ars-Fx, Hiper, Rekluse, Pro-tec Skids.... Nuff Said!

OXC #317 B-Class

You can get new brushes for the starter for like 20 dollars.

Yeah, but when I hit the starter, NOTHING happens, I don't hear any clicking, and charging or anything. I know I have power, cause my lights and everything work fine. What should I order to fix this?!?!?!?

thanks!
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450
    AIM= EXMX54

Yeah the same thing happend to me last year. Put in new brushes and it was good as new.

wow, I feel like an idiot. I just checked all the wires. I found one that was unpluged, pluged it back in, hit the starter and it works.

thanks guys
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450
    AIM= EXMX54

Originally posted by Florida400EX
    wow, I feel like an idiot. I just checked all the wires. I found one that was unpluged, pluged it back in, hit the starter and it works.

thanks guys
    my experience with wiring is its ALWAYS something stupid. i always get over worked amd forget to double check everything. i do it all the time. just be patient when it comes to the electrics. you'll get it
    2001 Red 416ex #82

Parting out a 2000 Blaster
    Click here For blaster Parts

Parting out a 2001 TRX400EX as well, PM me for information