Thread: How To Jet

How To Jet

HEY GUYS I KNOW THIS IS KINDA A BEGINNER QUESTION BUT I WAS WONDERING IF SOME OF YOU COULD TELL ME IN DETAIL HOW TO JET MY CARB. THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP ON THIS SITE.

well, going by your signature I am assuming alot.

with the stock airbox lid in place & a K&N filter I would assume your jetting might be ok in stock form. If you have a modified or removed airbox lid you will want to consider a jet change.

your stock main jet should be a 148. You would need to go to around a 160 or 165 I would think.

to remove the main jet simply pull the drain plug off of your carb bowl, reach up inside with a socket (8mm I think) and remove the main jet. No need to remove the carb from the bike.
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

that's a good question!

a super secret, how-to-jet article is in the works, anyone that wants to help out and lend there expertise drop me a note!

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

THANKS 3PUNKSDAD THATS ALOT OF HELP. YEA I HAVE THE AIRBOX LID OFF BUT I HAD OUR LOCAL HONDA SHOP DO THE JETTING FOR ME AND I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN REALLY TRUST THEM OR NOT IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN. IT TOOK THEM A WEEK TO DO THE JETTING!

How did your Honda set it up? Tell us the jet sizes and air/fuel screw settings, hopefully they told you or will tell you if they still remember.
    John

If you want your quad to start real good, change the pilot jet; although it takes a lot of time.
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch