Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2004 WORCS #8 Pro Race-Longview, WA

hondablue, i'm the one who asked you what your name is just before the race. I might have more pics of you if you want them......
    ATVRiders Janitorial Technician

!!!!!DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!

well i found out why the quad was running like poo... broken reed and a failure in the silencer(perforated tube inside broke off & was rattling around) i was planning on getting the FMF turbine core II eventually anyhow.
    '03 Gas Gas HP300
    member:
    WORCS #571
    OMRA #57I
    ATVA
    Washington ATV Club

Originally posted by AndreS
    well i found out why the quad was running like poo... broken reed and a failure in the silencer(perforated tube inside broke off & was rattling around) i was planning on getting the FMF turbine core II eventually anyhow.
    Didn't Arlen from LRD mention using reeds from a different motor?
    ATVRiders Janitorial Technician

!!!!!DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!

arlan & i discussed using a delta-V reed block. (the reed block bolt pattern is the same as a 97 CR250 i believe.) but to do it, i would have to sacrifice my rad valve & have it machined to fit the new one, since the delta-V block doesn't come with a boot & nobody makes the proper one to fit on the Gasgas. my total cost to make the conversion would be about $180... ~150 for the reed block & about 30 for machining. i may do it later if i'm feeling up to it... maybe if i decide to go with a motowest motor kit later on, i will. i'm curious about his progress on the pipes, i need to talk with him about jetting sometime too.

for now, i'll just throw in some stock reeds & go. it's almost time to do a top end anyways.

something i discovered while i had things apart... my brother has a rad valve on his LT250r and his motor is torn down right now too... i just got curious & started making measurements... the reeds are virtually the same size, within .002" on every dimension... i may buy a set of them for my next set.
    '03 Gas Gas HP300
    member:
    WORCS #571
    OMRA #57I
    ATVA
    Washington ATV Club

I had a great time on the course. I showed up with like a lap left in the ATV race Saturday, so couldn't ride in unclassified and check the track out. I finished 9'th in Production A. I could have pulled like 5'th or 6'th, but my 2'nd lap was like 15 minutes. I got stuck behind that kid that got stuck in the bottle neck. That is also where Doug and Josh passed me. Also that lap I blew a corner and got stuck in the bushes. I had to have race officials help me pull it out. Other than that one lap I was doin low 10 min laps. I was riding a YFZ450 and hadn't even ridden it yet with my new Rossier Eng Exhaust on it. It worked great.
    Yeah, that off-chamber corner did suck pretty bad. It was coming right out of a pretty fast stretch on the motocross track. It would have been interesting to have us use the logs like the pro motorcycles!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567