Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AC Pro Pegs and general nerf bar question.

Question AC Pro Pegs and general nerf bar question.

I just installed AC Pro Peg nerfs on my 450R. They didn't bolt right up, I had to file, force fit, make a small indentation on the middle tube so it will clear the frame...... they actually don't sit even.. one is higher than the other... not enough to affect performance or feel, but still, we want our stuff to look clean, right?

On my 300ex, I had to slot the mounting holes of the mounting peg for some white bro's pro peg bars.

My question to you folks.. are nerf bars always like this? Needing some fidgeting, etc? Or am i just having bad luck these couple of sets?

Also, did anyone else have the problems with mounting AC Pro Pegs on their 450r? Any solution?

Thanks!

Glen
    San Diego, CA

2003 TRX300EX-First Quad-SOLD

2004 TRX450R
    -AC Pro Pegs-
    -Alba Kit-
    "I am addicted... yes I am."

My DG Alloy nerfs had to be bent and cut to fit. My AC swingarm skid plate had to be bent to fit...so I guess we both share the same bad luck . Also my Big Gun slip-on doesn't line up to the mounts. Hmm...what else....
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

I had to do the same thing to my pro-pegs, i wasn't to happy about it because for $200 i like for them to fit a little better
    2004 450R
    Baldwin 14:1 piston, CRF cam and ignition,TC exhaust,Houser +2 A-arms, Elka Front shocks,DeRisi linkage and rebuilt rear shock, +1 1/4 Swingarm, +2 Stem, Longhorn fat bars, RPM Axle, ITP Baja wheels, AC propegs, IMS bumper, Black Maier one-piece front plastic, Str8wicked seat cover

http://www.myspace.com/pthrogmorton

I dont like AC's products, i bought a grab bar from them once, and had to bend it for it to fit, and im talking BEND. I had one of there skidplates, and it was junk, always having to bend it down after rides. I threw it away and bought a RAD, and i love it!

My DG nerfs fit perfect on both the old 330ex, and the 416. I have DG propegs on the 416. For my 450R i will either go with the Tim Farr propegs from Dg, because the pegs are moved down and back, or the Gibson propegs. In my opinion first impressions mean a lot, so for such a popular bike they should get the dam product right. Sorry about the nerfs!
    TRX450R-LSR axle, Quadtech Carbon II hood, DG, sunstar, white bros.

(dads)TRX 416ex- Pro fab, axis, tag, lonestar, Roll design,pro design,JL, magnum, DG, big gun, Maxxis, douglas, duncan, hinson, works connection, fcr, sidewinder

"Desert, woods, track—the all-new TRX450R doesn't care where it's going to dominate."

same here, I had a AC front bumper on my ex and I had to bend it just a little bit so it fit right
    04' 450r-sold
    05' red grizzly 660-stock-sold
    06' blue grizzly 660-wife's atv-sold
    04' red 400ex...girlfriends atv-sold!!!
    02' yellow 400ex...sold!!!

Pretty much everything aftermarket anymore needs to be fabbed in some way to fit...even though AC is known to be Alter and Cut Racing!

I guess if everything bolted right up, that would take the fun outta all of this, lol!

I hear ya though, spending all this money on stuff, it would be nice if it fit just a little better.
    #85 406EX mx ready--not as good as it once was, but it was good once as it ever was!

Thank you:
    McCann's Powder Coating: parts, powdercoating, tech help

McNett Performance: suspensions, setups, parts, fabrications

no i bought dg pro pegs for my 450r and they bolted up in 5 mins. they are perfect the welds are awsome and i still never had a problem with them. i would recommend these to any one who is getting nerf bars.
    05 yfz450 ti axis,lsr,blingstar, white bros,flexx,quadtech

BIG THANKS TO MOTO X SUPPORT FOR HELPING ME WITH MY PARTS

I have the pro pegs by AC and they seem to be a little bit of a pain. Ihad to drill holes thru the pegs so I can bolt them up. They would rattle if I didnt. Other than that they seem fine.

Originally posted by stealth400ex
    no i bought dg pro pegs for my 450r and they bolted up in 5 mins. they are perfect the welds are awsome and i still never had a problem with them. i would recommend these to any one who is getting nerf bars.

DG is a great company, underrated in my opinion.
    TRX450R-LSR axle, Quadtech Carbon II hood, DG, sunstar, white bros.

(dads)TRX 416ex- Pro fab, axis, tag, lonestar, Roll design,pro design,JL, magnum, DG, big gun, Maxxis, douglas, duncan, hinson, works connection, fcr, sidewinder

"Desert, woods, track—the all-new TRX450R doesn't care where it's going to dominate."

I agree.. I got DG Pro Pegs for my 450r and they bolted up no problem. I don't ride with shoes or anything, but just messin' around the pegs have so much grip they ate the bottom of my tennies!
    AOL Screen Name: dirtbikes4mike
    myspace: myspace.com/mbmorgan
    Check me out, I'm a sex machine.

Having a broken back sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast