Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is my friend full of crap???

is my friend full of crap???

my friend just bought an 03' stock kfx400 and brags about it constantly. first he tells me that he raced a cavalier w/ a turbo and beat it for the first 1/4 mile, and then he said the car was going 83 mph on the road and he was right beside it. then he said he can smoke me easily, im pretty sure hes full of **** because he has the same thing as a z400 and i can barely beat my freinds piped z. what do u all think?? does 83 mph sound like BS????
    2005 Black 450r: Tag X5 bars, Scott grips, Pro Armor XC Bumber, Pro Armor Swing Arm Skid, Maxxis Razr 2 Rears on ITP Baja all around, Duncan Graphics, Renthal 13 tooth
    Soon to Come Mods:
    HMF Elliptical Exhaust
    Hotcams Stage 2
    Jannessen Rev Box

Sold: 2003 Suzuki Z400, Elka Shocks, Pro Circuit T4 Silencer,. FMF Powerbomb Header, DRZ Gaskets and valve springs, Alba CDI, Hotcams Stage 2, Powermadd Handguards, Razr 2 tires, other stuff too.

yes he is full of sh**

and yes you will beat him with a 440ex
    2001 Honda 400ex
    White Brothers E-Series Exhaust
    HoleShot XC Tires
    K&N Air Filter
    Dyno Jet
    My Website

How do you just barely beat a z400 with your 440?
    My bike: yellow Z400 with Alba full pipe and flame graphics, K and N filter, Plasma ignition, Lazer lights, PRM skid, AC nerfs, AC bumper Renthals chain and Fatbars, Laeger +2 Arms, Works triple rate w/rezzies Pro Series, revalved rear, Lonestar Axcalibur +3

Brother's quad: LT250r with fmf fatty pipe, renthals, metaltech swing arm

With stock gearing the rev limiter kicks in somewhere around 67-70 mph. Unless its geared to the moon and has some decent Hp, I wouldn't expect more than 70.
    "He who dies with the most toys, wins"

Originally posted by montyjcm
    How do you just barely beat a z400 with your 440?
    '

i was jus wondering the same thing.......and no they will only reach up to about 70-73
    05 450R--
    dasa, 02 crf cam, K&N, port & polish, renthal, AC

the kid that has the z400 has 22" tires and i have 20" tires and he also dropped a tooth on the rear sprocket and i have stock gearing. we drag about 1/4 mile and i beat him by about 2 quad lengths, same way when we switch quads. yea i was thinkin that he was full of it since the kid that sold it 2 him said he could only beat a stock 400ex by 2 quad lengths
    2005 Black 450r: Tag X5 bars, Scott grips, Pro Armor XC Bumber, Pro Armor Swing Arm Skid, Maxxis Razr 2 Rears on ITP Baja all around, Duncan Graphics, Renthal 13 tooth
    Soon to Come Mods:
    HMF Elliptical Exhaust
    Hotcams Stage 2
    Jannessen Rev Box

Sold: 2003 Suzuki Z400, Elka Shocks, Pro Circuit T4 Silencer,. FMF Powerbomb Header, DRZ Gaskets and valve springs, Alba CDI, Hotcams Stage 2, Powermadd Handguards, Razr 2 tires, other stuff too.

According to this handy little calculator I found online: http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/ltz400.htm

He should pull 77 mph IF he had enough power to pull that gearing. With just a pipe I doubt he has power to pull 77 with 22" tires.

he doesnt have enough power in 5th gear unless he hits the rev limiter in 4th, and then 5th gear pulls slowly. but his low end power sucks and that is why im not going to gear my 400ex any higher. that calculater site is pretty interesting, but the rpm makes a huge difference in the top speed
    Soon to Come Mods:
    HMF Elliptical Exhaust
    Hotcams Stage 2
    Jannessen Rev Box

Sounds like your friend is gearing for pure top end...so you guys must have enough space to get up to speed...If that's what your drag race is about then figure your torque/hp curve and then find the optimal gearing for top speed. Otherwise set a given distance and do a true drag race from point a to b and see who gets there faster. Unless his power is way up there, he'll only be able to do one or the other.

full of crap, iun think even my R could do that.
    2004 TRX450R #75
    JRD +3 LT arms (chrome), Elka LT quadrate ARC up front, Elka dual rate rear, Elka Linkage, Shamrock beadlocks all around, Turf Tamer rears, Grooved radial fronts, PEP steering stabilizer, powermadd red/black handguards, black Blingstar bumper, Nac's racing yellow backgrounds, Renthal 7/8" bars with red crosspad, Progrip blue/black grips, JRD Pro peg nerf bars, walsh racing parking brake blockoff, Team Hawg Racing clutch w/perch, Pro Design Tether Cord, Stock headlights removed, Key removed, TC full exhaust, Lid off, K&N filter, RPM Dominator axle, Braided Brake lines front/rear, skid plates removed cept for under motor, white painted pro pegs/grab bar....more but can't think of it right now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast