Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: making your own a arms?

if you want to mx sell that banshee and get a better quad
    06 Suzuki ltr 450 stock for now

Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING
    on your super mojave wouldn't the amount the a-arms droop cause major washout (i believe this is the correct term) and but alot of stress on your ball joints and spindles.
    Yes there will be more wash when the droop is more. wash is just the difference in width between when the quad is at ride height and at full droop. But the only way to get a lot of travel is too add it to droop. You cant get any up travel past the point the frame hits the ground so it is fixed. There is little extra stress on the ball joints unless it is designed where they reach bind. I spent a lot of time getting the angles just right so that it never reaches bind even with all that travel. 3/4 heims would be very difficult to break anyway without binding. The suspension I am running is really more like a desert setup with respect to travel but runs the lesser amount of caster like a mx. It should be smooth on the landings and handle whoops very good. I have been riding it the last couple days to break it in around on my property. I have no jumps to test it on but the cornering feels good and you can launch it hard and instead of doing a wheelie it lifts up and all that droop lets the frt wheels still stay on the ground.

I have designed a longer upper king pin than the one in the pics so I get very little camber gain at the lowest droop and with the single bottom rail even with all that travel there is hardly any toe change(bump steer).

If the wash causes a problem it will be on the jumps. I will post how it does once I get it on a track.

INFANTRY RACING

i would sell it but i just got it and i got a great deal on it. it really use to be my dads so he sold it to me for like 3000. he wants to get another quad that is a 4 stroke and isnt quick and jumping like a banshee, so im goin to try to talk him into getting a 400ex and if i like those i might sell the banshee and buy one.

yeah. i figured if it did it would be on jumps. probably not to bad on fast jumps but on slower ones it could suck. busting a bead off landing a jump would suck
    06 Suzuki ltr 450 stock for now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345