Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: making your own a arms?

making your own a arms?

i been looking around for arms for my banshee and i started to wounder, how hard it would be to make my own. has anyone ever done this and if they have, was it hard and do you have any pictures of them. thanks a lot.

BMR RACING -- 2002 330ex - Yellow - Port and Polished , DMC , Elka Front Shocks , Edelbrock , Works Rear Shock , Wiesco , DG , AC , Burgard , ITP wheels , Holeshot Tires , Renthal, WebCam , Powell 330 Kit, Pc'ed matalic night blue frame and swing arm , Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop , Denton racing Stabilizer, And much much more....

you'd be better off buying them it would be alot safer...but..if the welder is a pro and such i guess it could be done safely.
    Chevy K5 Blazer- Under MASS Construction
    1989 1500 4x4- Daily Driver

i was thinkin about saving up like $800 and still making them, so if they do break, i could just go out and buy some. but i mean if they work then thats $800 that i could spend on other stuff. anyone else?

I make my own a arms, swing arms, steering stems, tie rods, and modify my frames. I do not recomend you do this unless you are skilled in more than metal fab. The design and engeneering to get a perfect setup is much more than the fab work if you are doing extended ones. However, I would give you some pointers and advice if you want to try it. I make my stuff for mojaves that I race in the 300 or 350 cc 4 strk class. Check out the stuff I make at the site below. look in my super mojave album for my newest a arms and stuff.

http://www.picturetrail.com/mojaveaddict

WOW! Thats pretty sick. have you ever made some arms for a banshee or any other quads? well, now that i saw yours, i think im goin to give it a try. but first i need to get metal and stuff. i was wondering, what size tubing to get and what kind to use. but if i make +3's, im goin to need to get shocks right. i cant run stock with them right? and if i do make +3's would it be better to run 19 inch shcoks? well, i wount ask any more questions until i start to get closer to makeing them. but if you could help me out i would really apreciate it. thanks

Its a bad idea. it doesnt sound like you know much about welding and such. But hey your dex so go ahead

hey cody, your gay!

Hey your moms over here! hehehehe

What do you use to bend your tubing? Thanks

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast