Thread: Rev boxes without timing advancement?

Rev boxes without timing advancement?

I really need a rev limiter that will bump the rpms but not increase the timing.

I know of the dyna FS, but I'm looking for more of a 100-175$ price range.

Anyone know of any?
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

i hear the tc and even the big gun is decent. i don't know if either adjust timing or not. i don't think the big gun does but i don't know about the tc. i know the gt thunder is supposed to be a good box but it advances timing 6 degrees
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

$99 at www.profabatv.com. Retains stock ignition curve. It is a modified stock box, so they may want your old one as a core (I'm not positive on that, you should give them a call or e-mail). The good thing about the modified stock box is that it doesn't have the anti-kickback circuit, so you should have no starting problems, even if your battery isn't 100% fresh off the charger.
    '00 416ex -- 11:1 Wiseco, stage 1 HotCams, LEXX slip-on w/ modded header, ASR +2 arms, 450r shocks, G-Force axle, FST style cooler, Trail Tech bars and clamp

Temporarily retired from my extremely short (but successful) racing career.

Maybe some IXCR in the near future.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Downfall with most of the stock modified ones is that they have NO rev limiter at all. You may not want that.
    Mods: Big Gun FS w/MM quiet core, no lid , K&N, FCR41, 11.3:1 440 and Web 479 cam, porting, no choke. Works TRS fronts & Ultracross rear shock, a few other goodies
    450R,250EX, Blaster, Banshee

Look some up on eBay, get a Big Gun I heard they are good.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

The TC does not advance the timing and is the best rev box around in my opinion for the 400...
    -Paul

**Full TC 426cc national kit (rebuilt, back in business)**

-13:1 JE piston, national port+polish, lightened flywheel, port matched carb boot, TC 924 MX cam, TC hi rev CDI, oversize head stud kit, CRF cam chain, Carrillo HD rod, Sparks X-6 exhaust, FST auxillary oil cooler, PEP shocks, Laeger's +3 A-arms, JB Racing +1.25 swingarm, LSR axle, RPM tapered carrier, blue Maier plastic, Quadtech hood, Nacs graphics, seat cover, case saver, bar clamps etc, Renthal CR-Hi bend bars, Arens stem, Pro Design Pro Flow kit w/K&N, Outerwears airbox, snorkel hole + filter covers, RAD locknut, PEP E-Z pull clutch lever, Steel Braided brake lines, Razr MX tires, Douglas rims, Pro Armor nerfs, AC bumper, Rath seat latch, Motion Pro cables, WB e-brake block off, DID X-ring chain, Sidewinder sprockets, probably some more Im forgetting...

R.I.P Kelly Chang

Originally posted by TC426EX
    The TC does not advance the timing and is the best rev box around in my opinion for the 400...
    Unless you prefer your timing advanced :-)
    Ross 416 Kit 11.2:1 piston
    Hot Cams Stage II Cam
    Ported Head & Valve Job
    GT Thunder 8 Plate Clutch+PE Billet Basket
    GT Thunder CDI
    Sparks X-6 Full Exhaust
    40mm FCR Carb
    FST-Type Aux Oil Cooler
    EHS Racing Airbox Lid
    Clarke 5.5 Gal Fuel Tank
    ITP T9 - Baja Rims and XCT Tires
    DeRisi Triple Rate Shocks w Rezzies