Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trx 500r?

trx 500r?

hello i hear of a lot of people doing this conversion...( cr 500r motor in a 250r frame)... well ne way id this hard to do. does it fit ok... i understand im going to have to make an airbox for this but the pipe should fit. well did ne one do this? is it worth it? is it hard? thank you

Just buy a 500 cylinder for the R. Don't have the link, but there is a company with a 500 cc jug (its actually 4 something, but it strokes to 505).

Trinity has the cylinder you are looking for.I held it in my hands at the dealer show this year.
    powered by John Deere

If you're gonna be stupid,you better be tough!

Heres to being tough.

yeah patriot racing makes a cylinder over 500cc its supose to compete with the cheeter ktis for shee's. but that is a lot of money as i can get a cr 500 motor for under 1g... do u guys no of ne other conversion's you can do to the r... would a yz 426 go nice in the 250r frame?

That CR500 motor vibrates somethin' fierce.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

Originally posted by wilkin250r
    That CR500 motor vibrates somethin' fierce.
    No counterbalance in those motors...so if you can hold on until your teeth rattle out, its one wicked ride.
    05 YFZ450 SE

If done correctly the vibration is not too bad. It's there, but manageable.

This is not a simple "drop in" project. If you decide to tackle this, be prepared for some work and some problem solving.

the 500 cc cylinder is made by this place http://www.cpindinc.com/ not patriot racing this is the company that desighned the cheetah cylinders the cylinder made 80 hp bolt on with the crank the torque curve looked like a huge *** 4 stroke was nice and flat at 50 and held it there from 7,000 to 9,000 verry good

yea dude screw the CR500 motor....get a CRF450 motor and hang on
    2004 TRX450R #75
    JRD +3 LT arms (chrome), Elka LT quadrate ARC up front, Elka dual rate rear, Elka Linkage, Shamrock beadlocks all around, Turf Tamer rears, Grooved radial fronts, PEP steering stabilizer, powermadd red/black handguards, black Blingstar bumper, Nac's racing yellow backgrounds, Renthal 7/8" bars with red crosspad, Progrip blue/black grips, JRD Pro peg nerf bars, walsh racing parking brake blockoff, Team Hawg Racing clutch w/perch, Pro Design Tether Cord, Stock headlights removed, Key removed, TC full exhaust, Lid off, K&N filter, RPM Dominator axle, Braided Brake lines front/rear, skid plates removed cept for under motor, white painted pro pegs/grab bar....more but can't think of it right now

a buddy of mine did this conversion put a 500r motor in a 250r stock frame...and every frame he bolted that motor to broke...too much vibration...so he bought a 86 model frame and put his stock R motor back in...i wouldnt even want to take the risk of ridding something thats going to be like ridding a big giant vibrator...when he did it...he didnt do any kind of mods to the frame...macracing.com did a cr500 topend on a 250r bottom and it seemed to me like it was pretty good...now htat 1 id want to ride...i watched a video of it and she had a plus 10 swinger on it and the frontend was still lifting off the ground about a foot and a half
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast