Thread: xr 400 gasket

xr 400 gasket

i got a 416ex with a je 10:8 compression. i wanna put an xr 400 gasket on it to up the compression to 11:1. will it still be reliable
    02 416ex- white bros r4, k&n, jet kit, hotcam stage2, 416 kit je piston,16 tooth front spcroket, holeshots all around.

is a built xr400 reliable? yes it will

I have had one on my 416 for over 1-1/2 years, and never had a problem.
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r
    2004 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

the xr gasket will just make it a true 10.8:1, not higher given the piston was cut for the xr and ex. if you bought it thru an engine builder (sparks, mickey, etc) then the piston will be designed for the ex and not an xr. this would raise the compression over a true 10.8:1 using the xr gaskets
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."