Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cr85 motor into a 300ex?

cr85 motor into a 300ex?

hey, i hav a old 300ex just sitting in the shed..... i was wondering if i could rig up a way to put in a cr85 motor in it? would it hav more power? like were would i mount the radiator? i can hav my uncle make motor mounts n stuff he welds.. i think we could be able to do it. any body no were i could get ahold of a motor?

do a search and there is a guy who put a kx80 engine in a 300ex, im sure he could help you

yeah i did this with a cr80 engine and it has lots of power but im not sure if it has more. The radiator you can put in the front where part of the frame comes straight down. its not the easiest thing in the world to do though.
    Kyle Corey

300ex Fullbore/Elka/Burgard/AC/FMF/Tag/K&K/Durablue/LoneStar/Kenda/ITP/Gibson/Pro Design/RTC/Sunstar/K&N/Webcams/Outerwears/Sidewinder

can you post some pics of that?

Originally posted by honda_racer_713
    yeah i did this with a cr80 engine and it has lots of power but im not sure if it has more. The radiator you can put in the front where part of the frame comes straight down. its not the easiest thing in the world to do though.

*cough* peice * cough*
    2001 440ex
    rebuilding as the paychecks keep comming in...

yah

yeah sure heres some old pics of it with the kx engine in it
    the kx engine was a peice so we took it out and put in a cr
    ill try to get some more pics of the engine and more closeups of everything tomorrow
    Kyle Corey

300ex Fullbore/Elka/Burgard/AC/FMF/Tag/K&K/Durablue/LoneStar/Kenda/ITP/Gibson/Pro Design/RTC/Sunstar/K&N/Webcams/Outerwears/Sidewinder

holy crap.... how big is that back sprocket.... and when u mounted the motor did it bolt up to the stock motor mounts?

no

alright we no longer have that back sprocket on because we have a different motor in it now but its a 50 tooth. and we had to make motor mounts but the motor mounts bolted onto the stock motor mounts........if that makes any sense at all
    Kyle Corey

wat kyle is trying to say is.... they made extendd peices of metal.. bolted them to the stock 300 motor mounts.. then the other end to the bike motor... so the mount is extended.... i think thats a better explination....
    2001 440ex
    rebuilding as the paychecks keep comming in...

hey

thanx t-man i was a little retarded for a second there
    Kyle Corey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast