Thread: Chinese manufactured raptor like mini

Chinese manufactured raptor like mini

Has anyone one modded one of these for racing? I just bought one for my kids and it feels like there is some potential there. They are 107cc and sold as a few different brands.. ours is a Tomahawk but it is identical to the Yamoto and very close to the Raptor 80. The engine is a Honda knock off, very similar to the ATC110. I know nothing about mini racing, is a 110cc to big to race in the 90cc class??

2004 450R - 13:1 JE piston, HRC Cam, Yoshi full exhaust, ESR Intake, Hinson Clutch Basket, GT Thunder dual rate front revalves, Burgard +2+1 arms, GT Thunder rear linkage & rebuilt shock, G-Force +4 axle, W.E.R. Stabilizer, Tokyo Mods CDI, RAZR MX tires, Tusk nerfs, MSR bars, Tusk tether.
    2003 406EX - 10:1 Wiseco, HotCam Stg 3, Port & Polish, 450R 42mm carb, Stock shorty straight through exhaust, Powerbomb, K&N, FST cooler, Arens nerfs, Zaps CDI, 14T sprocket, VW Stabilizer, Magura Hydraulic clutch, Holeshot XC's(wifes)
    1990 Yamaha Blaster(sons)
    1986 Honda 200SX(daughers)
    2004 Tomahawk 110(sons)

Re: Chinese manufactured raptor like mini

Originally posted by khen
    Has anyone one modded one of these for racing? I just bought one for my kids and it feels like there is some potential there. They are 107cc and sold as a few different brands.. ours is a Tomahawk but it is identical to the Yamoto and very close to the Raptor 80. The engine is a Honda knock off, very similar to the ATC110. I know nothing about mini racing, is a 110cc to big to race in the 90cc class??

thatsa nice lookin mini!!!
    It all depends .....Our series wont allow a larger quad into the 90 class,but will allow a smaller experienced CC to run with the big Dogs if they are more experienced rider if the child and parents are OK with that.........
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Thanks QuadJunkies! I'll have to look into the kids racing scene around here. My boy would love to race! And I would love to watch him.
    2004 450R - 13:1 JE piston, HRC Cam, Yoshi full exhaust, ESR Intake, Hinson Clutch Basket, GT Thunder dual rate front revalves, Burgard +2+1 arms, GT Thunder rear linkage & rebuilt shock, G-Force +4 axle, W.E.R. Stabilizer, Tokyo Mods CDI, RAZR MX tires, Tusk nerfs, MSR bars, Tusk tether.
    2003 406EX - 10:1 Wiseco, HotCam Stg 3, Port & Polish, 450R 42mm carb, Stock shorty straight through exhaust, Powerbomb, K&N, FST cooler, Arens nerfs, Zaps CDI, 14T sprocket, VW Stabilizer, Magura Hydraulic clutch, Holeshot XC's(wifes)
    2004 Tomahawk 110(sons)

Originally posted by khen
    Thanks QuadJunkies! I'll have to look into the kids racing scene around here. My boy would love to race! And I would love to watch him.
    I love to watch the wee ones too...

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

i think the mini classes are 90-110cc, looks nice, that bumper looks goofy the way its so high but at least its chrome, and anything with chrome is cool
    San Diego, CA
    04' Z400
    alba jet kit, alba full pipe system, outerwear, k&n, alba pro flow billet adapter, alba chassis skid, alba kory ellis blue graphix, alba nerf bars, tag x5 bars, burgard +2 arms, AC racing bumper, OMF scoops, custom grill, custom grab bar, and sand star paddles all the way around with ITP t-9/s, front holeshot 20x6x10, and 18x10.5x9 kenda klaws, custom gussets, +2 custom steering stem, hella light, alba cdi, shockwears, front works w/out rezzies

Originally posted by SHOCKER
    i think the mini classes are 90-110cc, looks nice, that bumper looks goofy the way its so high but at least its chrome, and anything with chrome is cool
    The bumper is exagerated a tad.. In person it doesn't look as bad as it does in that picture. I've thought about hacking it down and reshaping it a bit.
    2004 Tomahawk 110(sons)

Motor mods

Classic Honda in east texas has hop up kits that would probably fit.
    Building Space shuttles not bottle rockets. Strongest MX Motors outa this world. wrhracing

I like the bumper myself!!!!

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

is it shaft driven or chain

thanks
    dan-o's ride

trx90(125cc):
    works,profab suspension,uni,renthal
    ac nerfs

sponsors:
    icracing,pro-fab,quadfast,freek race gear

Re: Motor mods

Originally posted by ACME ROCKET CO.
    Classic Honda in east texas has hop up kits that would probably fit.
    Thanks for the source, I went to their site and it looks like they do have parts that would fit.

Originally posted by 212racing.
    is it shaft driven or chain
    It is shaft drive with a 3 speed/reverse semi automatic transmission.
    2004 Tomahawk 110(sons)