Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reliability ???

Reliability ???

Anyone having any problems with their yfz motor wise? I have heard some people saying the yfz isnt as reliable as the honda and such, just wandering what is actually breaking on some bikes and how soon it breaks. Just dont want to invest all this money into the yfz and it break the first race.

reliability

I race flat track/tt racing, and I only had one motor problem, that is no big deal. I turn High RPM's, and hit the rev limiter and the only problem was a leaky water pump seal. $4.00 fixed it. I owned the first YFZ450 in IL, so I had mine for a while now.

Reliability is what you make it. Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris all make fine motors. Funny how people who take care of their machines rarely ever have any "reliability" issues. I have had a YFZ for 8 months now, and have raced the snot out of it and have never had any problems what so ever. BUT, I change my old constantly, clean my air filter after EVERY ride and maintain it like it is supposed to be. WOW, what a concept. A lot of people don't take care of their machines, then when they break, complain that it is the quads "reliability"

Scott

The YFZ motor is an already proven design. The only failures I have heard of with the motor where operator error.
    I need to ride $@%! bad o-meter
    l1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l10
    -----------------^----

01' 445EX
    86' 250R(for sale)
    Salem Honda/BMW/Ducati
    Countryside Fabrication

ELMO KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE

Only problem Ive had has been Battery and Stator related ... Battery peoblem is a known defect in the YFZ ... even Yamaha knows this and has admitted to it .... the stator is probably a manufacturer defect cuz its RARE you see a stator let go on a Yamaha . Other than these .... motor runs like a bat outta hell !!!!

At the local MX races this weekend top 3 ATVs were YFZs ... All stock except for 2 that ahd pipes ... they were beating totally modded Z440s with about 25Gs invested in them .... tells you about tis power !!!!
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

Originally posted by Quad18star
    Only problem Ive had has been Battery and Stator related ... Battery peoblem is a known defect in the YFZ ... even Yamaha knows this and has admitted to it .... the stator is probably a manufacturer defect cuz its RARE you see a stator let go on a Yamaha . Other than these .... motor runs like a bat outta hell !!!!

At the local MX races this weekend top 3 ATVs were YFZs ... All stock except for 2 that ahd pipes ... they were beating totally modded Z440s with about 25Gs invested in them .... tells you about tis power !!!!
    ya becuase James banks was racing it... he can beat anyone on anything up here... he won last year a race on his stock 400ex!!!
    07 Honda
    04 Honda

Timo Nielsen: CMRC ATV Intermediate class #99

james could win on a blaster...

he has proved that he can win in the states also, in 265 A.
    hes takin #1 this year for sure on a pretty much stock bike.
    You get what you put in,
    and people get what they deserve.

Life is money, but what is money without life?

I bought mine in june last year it has raced 9 GNCCs 12hours of america and about 7 other harescramble along with a lot of riding around the house.

Not a single motor problem here

GNCCer, I have always been a Honda guy, but the new YFZ seems to be a little better bang for the buck when compared to the 450R. Sounds as if you have put yours through the ringer over the past year. I noticed you said you have not had any motor problems, has anything else given you trouble?

Mine has been problem free so far......and it's a blast!!!
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast