Thread: z400

z400

does neone know if the Z400's are having any problems? and are the a reliable trail quad?

As a trail riding quad you can't go wrong with a Z but if you intend to do any real racing and start pounding it you WILL end up needing to gusset the frame. I am speaking from experience as I have a 2003 Z, don't get me wrong I like it a lot and am glad I got it, for one they are very resposive to mods.
    I am just being honest about it because you can hear so much towards any quad, some good and some bad and a lot of times it becomes brand biased and as you can see in my sig I have both brands and think they are all great quads.
    Me- retired from riding, racing and miss it every day; oldest sons- 2005 450R, race ready and a lot of extras; Youngest son- sold his, he is in the US Army Infantry.

yeah the upper shock mounts are weak and im gonna need shocks or a gusset kit because my stock shocks are bottoming out with my +2 a-arms
    San Diego, CA
    04' Z400
    alba jet kit, alba full pipe system, outerwear, k&n, alba pro flow billet adapter, alba chassis skid, alba kory ellis blue graphix, alba nerf bars, tag x5 bars, burgard +2 arms, AC racing bumper, OMF scoops, custom grill, custom grab bar, and sand star paddles all the way around with ITP t-9/s, front holeshot 20x6x10, and 18x10.5x9 kenda klaws, custom gussets, +2 custom steering stem, hella light, alba cdi, shockwears, front works w/out rezzies

I bought an Arens frame brace, It made the front end a lot stiffer than before. I didnt have any frame problems with my Z but heard so many people complain about them, so i went ahead and bought one. I ride very hard and weight 250 pounds with no problems with the frame. It really dose stiffen up the frame.
    2001 Yellow 400 EX Loaded - SOLD

2003 Yellow LTZ 400 Loaded

2005 Green KFX 700 Semi Loaded

yea h isaw those frame braces they look great, they are probably really close to being just as good as a gusset but cheaper
    San Diego, CA
    04' Z400
    alba jet kit, alba full pipe system, outerwear, k&n, alba pro flow billet adapter, alba chassis skid, alba kory ellis blue graphix, alba nerf bars, tag x5 bars, burgard +2 arms, AC racing bumper, OMF scoops, custom grill, custom grab bar, and sand star paddles all the way around with ITP t-9/s, front holeshot 20x6x10, and 18x10.5x9 kenda klaws, custom gussets, +2 custom steering stem, hella light, alba cdi, shockwears, front works w/out rezzies

Do you guys have a link to where to buy those braces?
    My bike: yellow Z400 with Alba full pipe and flame graphics, K and N filter, Plasma ignition, Lazer lights, PRM skid, AC nerfs, AC bumper Renthals chain and Fatbars, Laeger +2 Arms, Works triple rate w/rezzies Pro Series, revalved rear, Lonestar Axcalibur +3

Brother's quad: LT250r with fmf fatty pipe, renthals, metaltech swing arm

come on guys, if you scroll down you can find this topic like 5 more times, try using the search function, too
    #72 KCCR

dude its alright, um i thinks it arensracing.com or somethning like that, they dont have the braces on their site yet though but im sure there is numbers to call
    San Diego, CA
    04' Z400

The website is www.arensbros.com Ph# is--->(989) 593-2599
    the site doesn't say anything about it but they make it cuz I just ordered one from Arens directly. I talked to John Arens himself and said they just sent a bunch out.

DON'T HESITATE ACCELERATE!!!
    2004 Z400 AC Propegs, P-Design kill switch, TAG Bars, Holzracing std. chromoly stem....more to come

05 Z450 coming soon (I hope)