Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HMF with K&N (jetting?)

HMF with K&N (jetting?)

Hello, I was just wondering what kind jetting I will need to do when I put on the HMF slip on. I will be running a K&N with no outewears, airbox lid on. I am running a 152 main right now with just the K&N and it is a good mix. I also already went up a size on the pilot. Also, are you guys messing with the needle at all?

Thanks,
    Dan

your elevation and temperature matter too. most people run a keihin 152-155 with a slip on and filter. some people leave the stock needle clip alone and others move the clip down one position. i found it best on a piped bike to leave the needle clip in the stock position for the warmer months but in the winter i prefered the clip in the 4th position.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

Holy cow!!! HMF recommends a 175 main just for the slip on. That seems excessive.

http://www.hmfengineering.com/honda400ex.html

I am still trying to figure it out
    ***Suzuki it's what's for dinner!!***
    02 426 EX, Web 450/451 cam, ported and polished head, Uni air filter,HMF full system, outerwears shock covers,outerwears airbox lid, GCD(tinner) scoops, Gunner kill switch, PEP Steering stablizer, Tag X5 handelbars, AC nerf bars, AC front bumper, Kenda klaw XC on .190 Douglas wheels, ELKA front shocks, braided brake lines, empty wallet
    **shut up voices or I will poke you with another Q-tip**

My boy rides a Lt50

go down. you can run that big but the bike just will be suffering on the power.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

Thanks cals400ex, what about the air/fuel screw? Does 3.5 turns out sound accurate? I'm in Wisconsin and we are about 762 ft above sea level.

Knowing what quad this is on and other mods would be REALLY helpful...

It's a 2000 400ex and I will be running a K&N with no outerwears. There are no mods to the motor. I'm contemplating not running the airbox lid now.

Thanks

Why in the hell would you not run an outerwears.... I HIGHLY suggest you do..

I run a dynojet 155 with my HMF pipe and 2 inch hole in the airbox lid..

Rico, are you running a K&N. If not what filter would you suggest?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast