Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 450r vs. 400ex

450r vs. 400ex

I went to my local honda dealer the other night and they had a 450r and 400ex that two ppl had just bought and they were drag racing in front of the shop they lined up and the 450r beat the 400ex 2 quad lengths i was like well the guy on the 450 cant ride they switched and it was the same thing it was a pretty far race too i dont get it seems like the 400 ex is a better buy to me
    -06 LTR 450-
    Yoshi Cherry Bomb
    04 Nissan 350z
    APS Twin Turbos
    Invidia Test Pipes
    Greddy EVO TT exhaust
    Greddy Type S Coilovers

sounds to me like you have no idea what your talking about

lol you must be on crack, theres no way. i bet my 250ex would only be 3 quad lenghts behind.
    The little EX is gone, but not forgotten

'04 400EX. Shockwears Shock Covers, DG Nerfs, Parking brake block off, aftermarket clutch perch.

Originally posted by 250EXking
    lol you must be on crack, theres no way. i bet my 250ex would only be 3 quad lenghts behind.
    i think your 250ex could beat my 450r...you must have NOS on that thing

Originally posted by Jumbo747
    i think your 250ex could beat my 450r...you must have NOS on that thing
    lol
    The little EX is gone, but not forgotten

'04 400EX. Shockwears Shock Covers, DG Nerfs, Parking brake block off, aftermarket clutch perch.

Re: 450r vs. 400ex

Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
    I went to my local honda dealer the other night and they had a 450r and 400ex that two ppl had just bought and they were drag racing in front of the shop they lined up and the 450r beat the 400ex 2 quad lengths i was like well the guy on the 450 cant ride they switched and it was the same thing it was a pretty far race too i dont get it seems like the 400 ex is a better buy to me
    Some of these stories are getting out of hand. I think it would be amusing to see the IQ scores of some of this site's members. How can a lighter (by about 25 lbs) and faster (about 10 more hp) quad only beat the 400ex by only 2 quad lengths? You say the race was far too...I don't know about that one.

Re: Re: 450r vs. 400ex

Originally posted by root
    Some of these stories are getting out of hand. I think it would be amusing to see the IQ scores of some of this site's members. How can a lighter (by about 25 lbs) and faster (about 10 more hp) quad only beat the 400ex by only 2 quad lengths? You say the race was far too...I don't know about that one.
    I totally agree with this...my 450r smokes my ex and not by 2 quad lengths, more like 10 or more. Its me on the 450r (135) and my dad on the 400ex (200)
    05' crf250r - n-style graphics

03' 400ex - yoshimura full exhaust
    AC racing pro peg nerfs
    kenda klaws front/rear
    itp t-9 bajas
    AC front grab bar
    s/n: WO Racing 19

You may have seen what you said, I'm not knocking you for that, but my piped R destroys my piped 416ex all day long.

One thing to take into consideration is that it will take a few hours on the R to learn how to launch it right. When the yfz came out, I was beating every stock yfz that pulled up to the line on a standard bore, piped 400ex because they didn't wind the motor up high enough on the takeoff. This took place on a 300ft track, and yes they were gaining on me at the end. Except for my friend that has a yfz, because he knew to rev it like a 2 stroke on the take off and beat me every time.

If you only race in a straight line that's cool, but if you ride the mx track or in the woods, you might want to see how moch better the R's suspension is than the 400ex also. From my experence the 450r is a lot better.
    04 trx450r pulse charger, boones head work, 480cc 14:1 comp je kamikaze piston, ac nerfs and stadium bumper, hrc kit, pro armor chassis skid, powermadd handguards, fcr 40mm carb, prodesign case saver and killswitch, tag t2 450r bend bars, denton steering dampner, works clutch lever/ hot start, k+k graphics.

Originally posted by lukester720
    One thing to take into consideration is that it will take a few hours on the R to learn how to launch it right. When the yfz came out, I was beating every stock yfz that pulled up to the line on a standard bore, piped 400ex because they didn't wind the motor up high enough on the takeoff. This took place on a 300ft track, and yes they were gaining on me at the end. Except for my friend that has a yfz, because he knew to rev it like a 2 stroke on the take off and beat me every time.
    Yea those YFZ's do like to rev high like a 2-stroke, that's why I would want a Yamaha.

Does the 450R rev high or is the rev limiter set pretty low? Compared to the YFZ?
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

Last week i made my first trip up to the sand dunes. What can i say it was sweet. Well me and my friend were takeing a rest from rideing and 2 450r's pulled up. 1 of them pulled up to drag some people. I thought it whould be funny to see what whould happen if i raced him. I actully won the first time i was like . So i raced him again except this time his friend was on it. What can i say he left me. It was a stock 450r and mine is piped,filter,jetted. The only reason i won the first time was because it was the guys first quad.
    Trx 450r comeing
    400ex baja full skids, wb r-series, k&n

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast