Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whoever has a clymers 400ex manual and a scannr or digital camera, please read!!!!!

Plaquemine, right outside of Baton Rouge, LA.

whoever has a clymers 400ex manual and a scannr or digital camera, please read!!!!!

Whoever hs a 400ex clymers repair manual and a scanner or dig. camera. I am trying to get one but there all out here in townn, I needs yalls help because I need it off and back on tomorrow. Please refer to it and scan/take pictures of all the pages on removing and reinstalling the right crankcase cover/clutch cover. I would greatly appreciate it.. I am in real need of this.. I need to get it off and all fixed this weekend. Thanks alot ya'll.

-Randy
    2001 416EX
    Weisco 416 Dome 11.1 Comp. Piston
    Hot Cam (Stage 2)
    Port and Polished
    Curtis Sparks x-6 (Drag Shorty One)
    Curtis Sparks CDI Rev Box
    Uni Air Fiter
    K&N Power Lid
    Silver Maier Plastics
    Factory Effex Stick Kit
    Fast Trekkers all the way around
    AC Bumper
    Answer ProTaper Handlebars
    AC Pro Peg Nerfs

Check my bike out!! Click Here..... Let me know what you think.

Just buy the darn thing. Then you will have everything you need for future repairs.
    ATVRiders Janitorial Technician

!!!!!DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!

if u would have read my previous post I AM!!!! I called the stores yesterday and no where around here has one!! So, I needs yall help for this one time, I thought this site is supposed to help people but it seems all they do is flame. be cocky, and help no one at all... It was pretty good when I first started using it, now its just useless...
    2001 416EX
    Hot Cam (Stage 2)
    Port and Polished
    Uni Air Fiter
    K&N Power Lid
    Silver Maier Plastics
    Factory Effex Stick Kit
    AC Bumper
    AC Pro Peg Nerfs

I gave mine away when I bought the YFZ but maybe I can help what are you needing help with?
    Big B

there really isn't much to it for the most part of removing it. Youll just need a new set of gaskets. Just take off the bolts holding the clutch and crank cover on, and youll have a gasket between them which is a pain to get off. You might want to use a wooden dal and go behind it and tap on the backside of the case from the other side.

Just make sure you turn the little arm that the clutch cable hooks to counter-clockwise when pulling the cover off.
    2007 yfz450 -- black Maier fenders, Oury grips, CFM aluminum air box without the lid, 250r K & N air filter, Curtis Sparks X-6 full exhaust, cam mod, IMS-Roll Intimidator MX bumper, AC Racing Blackline Pro-peg nerf bars, Hiper beadlocks, Kenda Claw XCR tires

2001 400ex -- black Maier fenders, JE 10.5 to 1 std bore piston, Hotcam old Stage 2, FCR 39mm carb, port and polished head, valve job, White Brothers Pro Meg full exhaust, K & N air filter, no air box lid, Big Gun rev box, race cut front fenders, OMF air scoops, PRM swing arm skid plate, Tag X5 handlebars, Oury grips, 15/38 gearing, Kenda Claw XCR tires, Barnett Dirt Digger clutch, yfz450 front shocks

got it off and the bolt came out thanks for all the help
    2001 416EX
    Hot Cam (Stage 2)
    Port and Polished
    Uni Air Fiter
    K&N Power Lid
    Silver Maier Plastics
    Factory Effex Stick Kit
    AC Bumper
    AC Pro Peg Nerfs

Originally posted by Silver400EXinBR
    if u would have read my previous post I AM!!!! I called the stores yesterday and no where around here has one!! So, I needs yall help for this one time, I thought this site is supposed to help people but it seems all they do is flame. be cocky, and help no one at all... It was pretty good when I first started using it, now its just useless...
    Sorry, I overlooked that part of your post.
    ATVRiders Janitorial Technician

!!!!!DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!

it is easy just remeber how you took it apart to put it back togeht. btw hrca has online amnuals
    ~ MHSC ~ Martin B.#713

~Thanks to all the 06 sponsors~ Elka Suspension, GT Thunder, IMS Products, Nacs Racing, JH Racing, Hiper Wheels

~Thanks to all the 05 sponsors~ Elka Suspension, Denton Racing, Nacs Racing, IMS Products

08 HD Sportster
    O4 450R
    00 Silvarado 1500 Z71
    RIP Colton Jenkins 1988-2005

Originally posted by Silver400EXinBR
    Dude everybody on here has tried to help.
    You have posted 3 times about the same thing.

Like 10 ppl have told you to just do it----if you are that scared to take the cover off, then you prob should take it somebody else to do it.

Looking at the manual isnt nearly as good as just remembering how you took it apart.

It's not like springs & gears are gonna come flying out when you pull the cover.

07' 450R
    07' FOREMAN ES
    09' TRX250X
    86' ATC250SX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast