Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I found somthing bad about a YFZ

I found somthing bad about a YFZ

Everybody has one! It used to be a lot of custom quads and such but now everything is a mostly stock YFZ. Personally I think part of the fun in owning a quad is Pride of ownership. You show up to the track or play area to show off your quad. With the YFZ its almost like having a dirt bike, There everywhere! Dont get me wrong they are a great quad and if I was going to buy a new one that would be it, But it takes some of the fun out of the custom hybrids and such.
    2006 LTR450 Almost stock and love it.

Re: I found somthing bad about a YFZ

Originally posted by seven
    Everybody has one! It used to be a lot of custom quads and such but now everything is a mostly stock YFZ. Personally I think part of the fun in owning a quad is Pride of ownership. You show up to the track or play area to show off your quad. With the YFZ its almost like having a dirt bike, There everywhere! Dont get me wrong they are a great quad and if I was going to buy a new one that would be it, But it takes some of the fun out of the custom hybrids and such.
    Like a dirtbike? Not all dirtbikes are the same, just like not all quads are the same. There are more models of (racing) dirtbikes than there are of (racing) quads..
    00 440EX
    01 CR125
    http://www.quadstop.com

Check it.

I got a yfz and it don't look like anything out there. Some people just don't have any problem with riding something that looks the same as a half-million other quads out there. All it take is a couple days and about $200 to powdercoat a frame and already it will look like a totally different quad. I also feel that part of the fun is having something different and having the ability to show it off!
    2005 TRX450r, Dynatech CDI, Renthal Fat bars, MPH billet riser, K&N air filter, Quadtech hood, Rossier Pipe, Hot Cams Stage 2, ported/polished, Duncan Racing bumper, Duncan rear brake block off, Duncan Racing case saver, JD performance +2 LT a-arms, TCS shocks

i always thought the bad thing was that they were a yamaha
    Chevy K5 Blazer- Under MASS Construction
    1989 1500 4x4- Daily Driver

Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
    i always thought the bad thing was that they were a yamaha
    Randy

Can Am DS450
    - Flexx Bars
    - Hipers
    - Motoworks air filter
    - Rossier Exhaust
    - X-Package Skids
    - A-Arm Guards
    - Razor 2's

Re: I found somthing bad about a YFZ

Originally posted by seven
    I think you are desperate to have one dude
    Be fast,
    be water my friend.

my buddy had the same thought -so he got black limited plastic with gytr graphics-so he can be different fo a while
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 sponsors
    Badlands offroad park
    Helm ent
    fazt by hawley
    my pit crew (wife and kids)
    www.sonblessedranch.com

i get what ur saying

i get what ur saying man there is no scence in geting a yfz if every 1 has 1 its like this " hey look at my yfz " then the other guy gos " hey look at my yfz " and that could co on and on

let me ask you justin, what`s your ride?
    Explain to me howcome having a great, one of the best bikes in the market, with an incredible mix of power, hadling, suspension doesn`t make scence????
    Be fast,
    be water my friend.

This conversation could have taken place in 1999...only everyone would be talking about their 400EXs!

Understand what I'm trying to say? It was the latest and the greatest back then so everyone wanted one.

That's why I went with a new TRX...I just wanted to have a top of the line quad...and now i do!
    2001 KTM 400SX - Converted for woods

Skyhawk 50 converted to 70cc for Daughter
    Koso pipe
    Modded Airsal Kit
    Mini-Holeshots
    Mini-Aftermarket Bars
    Mini-Coolness!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast