Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: are raptors really that tippsy

are raptors really that tippsy

i read in mags and i sometimes hear that a stock raptor is tippsy. could be true but is it, and how are they at hill climbin.
    01 yamaha warrior black & white complete big gun race pipe, dyno power kit w/k&n, 22" front razrs, rear 20*11*8, dg nerfs, prm front bumper, piaa headlights, msr chrome handle bars, ez pull clutch kit, nacs block-off plate, maier back plastics, + air box mods FOR SALE!

yellow 02 400ex, IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING EVEN MORE HOOKED UP!

They FEEL tipsier than they are,but they could surely use wider a- frames and axle .
    2002 400 EX Yellow(2 more hp than red)
    K&N filter w/outerwear
    Dynojet kit
    AC nerfbars
    14 tooth renthal
    146 main,stock pilot,screw out 3 turns-starts perfect with no choke.

No FEAR, No SHAME, No PROBLEMS
    Cam 2 runeth through my viens.

Past rides:73 Honda SL70, 19?? Honda ATC 90, 83 Honda XR80, 82 Yamaha YZ80, 84 Yamaha YZ80, 87 Yamaha YZ80, 85 Kawasaki KX125, 82 Yamaha YZ 250, 88 Yamaha Banshee(much bling bling),87 Yamaha Warrior(mistake)

They are made that way on purpose. Raptors are meant to be ridden like a dirt bike....

Crashmaster99

Could you define your statement? I've only been riding for about 5 years and I don't know how to ride a Quad like a dirt bike. How would a bike that some claim are tippy be a good thing? If you use body english, Yes that is like a bike but that's about all....

Smitty

I didn't say it was a good idea, but yes....you know what I mean.

You don't shift you weight on a raptor like you do a regular quad. You slam them into a corner, "like a dirtbike".

Ohh, I get it you are talking about it being TIPPY not TIPSY. I thought maybe the Raptor was a little drunk.

Sorry, couldn't resist a bad joke.
    2000 Banshee with all the bolt-ons
    1995 Warrior
    WyoDuner's Dune Review Site - Now with SAND DUNING Forums

they feel stable to me.......but my buddy just had to install new bars on his. seems as if he let a friend take it for a spin & the friend flipped it by going too fast in reverse & turning the bars too quick! true story.
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

Originally posted by crashmaster99
    They are made that way on purpose. Raptors are meant to be ridden like a dirt bike....
    Yeah How are you gonna get the quad to lean into the turn like a dirt bike you know like on flat corners how dirt bikers get the handle bars a foot and half above the ground.
    I ride both dirt bikes and quads and it is WAY differant and I have A LOT of experience on both. The riding styles are way differant like on a four wheeler taking a flat turn or just about any turn you move your whole body side ways over the quad and lean very little or the sides of the tread will bite in to the ground making it want to tip so that basicly you wanna go into a tail slide and as you gain traction you get as low and as far back as possible and on a dirt bike you don't move at all really sideways over the bike but you stay parallel with the bike more and you lean more and use your upper body and if you wanna lose the rear end you would move a lil bit forward on the seat and try to get the weight on the front tire and a real low center of gravity. Hard to explain but all in all you really can't ride a quad like you can a dirt bike and you can't ride a dirt bike like you can on a quad.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Im kinda having trouble seeing how you ride a Craptor like a dirtbike too I would think if you try to SLAM it in a corner it will probably SLAM you in the corner
    Speed is 95% rider and 5% bike, better make that 5% count!

2000 TC 505EX Complete TC Motor and everything else you can imagine and more!!

Okay kids, remind me not to provide any more insight.
    You guys are so touchy, it's just a quad, you know...to have fun on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast