Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proof that 12 year olds can ride "adult" sport bikes

Proof that 12 year olds can ride "adult" sport bikes

Diggin' through the scrapbook today and found some pictures that I figured I'd post. I know there's been arguments before about what age can kids handle certain quads. Here I am a month before my 12th birthday on my dad's brand new 1988 LT250R. The rule was "Ride it like you've got a head on your shoulders and if I catch you riding it like a moron you'll never touch it again." Needless to say, I rode very responsibly. The little dude in front is Fourstrokefan on our old LT230E Quadrunner at about 8 years old
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 KTM 300XC

Might as well keep my pics all in one thread. Here's the homemade odyssey my dad built before we had our first quads. The chassis and suspension was 100% homemade in our garage. We bought tires and wheels and fenders from a local tractor supply company and the engine was out of our Polaris sled. My dad even made his own hubs for this thing
    2013 KTM 300XC

My 12 year old girl rides my 400 all the time,she has just enuf fear to keep herself out of trouble,we are getting her a 250 ex this fall .
    2002 400 EX Yellow(2 more hp than red)
    K&N filter w/outerwear
    Dynojet kit
    AC nerfbars
    14 tooth renthal
    146 main,stock pilot,screw out 3 turns-starts perfect with no choke.

No FEAR, No SHAME, No PROBLEMS
    Cam 2 runeth through my viens.

Past rides:73 Honda SL70, 19?? Honda ATC 90, 83 Honda XR80, 82 Yamaha YZ80, 84 Yamaha YZ80, 87 Yamaha YZ80, 85 Kawasaki KX125, 82 Yamaha YZ 250, 88 Yamaha Banshee(much bling bling),87 Yamaha Warrior(mistake)

For the doubters...

I've talked about working on Mark Thomas' Alcohol Funny Car in the past and some people didn't believe me. Well here I am in his pits taking a picture while we do a jackstand shakedown at Norwalk Raceway Park.
    2013 KTM 300XC

Finally...

A Christmas card from Mark... proof enough???
    2013 KTM 300XC

hey,
    im 12 and gettin a 300ex. I will take it easy on the throttle at first and then get better and better. I know not to push it and ride it like you know you can.
    later

Ahhhhh...... 230 quad sport....... That was my first quad...... I never had a problem with it........ Had it for about 5-6 years.....
    Red 400ex.... mods include 440bbk....... fmf megamaxII headpipe and silencer.... K&N power kit and air filter.... Shaved front racing plastics.... Shock covers.... Nerf bars....and full skids....
    New Ohlins shocks all the way around.... YEAH BABY!!!!!!

I swear that the 2 QS's that we had were indestructible. The first one my uncle had and we bought it from him (that got stolen a month later) and the one pictured we sold to a friend of ours and he still runs it today on the original motor and everything. We took that 230 in the picture and extended the swingarm ourselves to bring the wheelbase to the same length as the LT250R. It was a very fun bike and always treated us well.
    2013 KTM 300XC

Thumbs up

Got any more of the lt? If you get time will you e-mail them to me.

Thanks, dssims@kyol.net
    Spencer
    2001 Banshee
    Chrome Toomey t-5 kit, Raptor rear Radials, Fast trekker fronts,Renthal bars, AC bumper, AC grab bar, K&N air filter, Dynojet kit, T&T p.b. block off, Works dual rates w/ rezzies, UMI pro flow, and mad eye light covers and some more stuff.

I've got several more pics of my old '92 LT if you want to see those.
    2013 KTM 300XC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast