Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backyard jump

Question Backyard jump

What size should this backyard jump be? The ground is level. I only have enough room to get it into 2nd or maybe 3rd gear. I want to make it out of wood. I want to get enough air to be able to jump over tomato plants in a small garden.

How steep should it be, and how long should the ramp be?

'00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

how long is the garden? Also do u stake the tomatoes? Then it will be easier to decide

oh i got alot of ideas on this, you definetaly want it to not be too steep and have a tiny tiny arch to it. make it real long and 5ft tall i dont know if 10 feet long would be good? hit that in second or third and you could go big , well kinda big,, i am debating making ine over a bike jump this weekend

hes right

if you make it to steep it is a lot harder to preload the suspension and catch a lot of hight and distance and having that steep of jump just slows down your foward momentem and makes it harder to preload at the right time and if you are bored take the time to make a nice lip or part where it gets steeper at the very top because if you make a jump perfect you can catch a ton of air at hardly any speed. Me and my friends about every summer we live in the dirt with our shovels making jumps for our bikes or quads or anything so we know what works and what doesn't. Also when you make jumps use a garden hose or something before you start to jump to spray it on the jump a few times and after it drys a few times the top surface gets really hard and the rain doesn't tear it up as easily or the quads.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Re: Backyard jump

Originally posted by knighttime
    I want to get enough air to be able to jump over tomato plants in a small garden.

LOL, this ought to be good. I'll have to warm my camera up. 416EX vs Tomato plants.....my $$$ is on the plant.

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Re: Re: Backyard jump

Originally posted by VWVR6

my $$$ is on the plant.

Eric

LMAO,,,,I want pics of this....I can picture in my mind Mike doin heel clickers over the mater plants..ha haa ROFL

What are those sticks called that you put in a hole? OUCH!!!!!
    2002 400 EX Yellow(2 more hp than red)
    K&N filter w/outerwear
    Dynojet kit
    AC nerfbars
    14 tooth renthal
    146 main,stock pilot,screw out 3 turns-starts perfect with no choke.

No FEAR, No SHAME, No PROBLEMS
    Cam 2 runeth through my viens.

Past rides:73 Honda SL70, 19?? Honda ATC 90, 83 Honda XR80, 82 Yamaha YZ80, 84 Yamaha YZ80, 87 Yamaha YZ80, 85 Kawasaki KX125, 82 Yamaha YZ 250, 88 Yamaha Banshee(much bling bling),87 Yamaha Warrior(mistake)

Got onions and peppers?

LOL...one ooooops and knightime will be a shishkabob......already got the tomato....just add meat!
    '86 ESR 310pv
    '87 ESR 310pv
    '86 269r

Re: hes right

Originally posted by Nausty
    if you make it to steep it is a lot harder to preload the suspension and catch a lot of hight and distance and having that steep of jump just slows down your foward momentem and makes it harder to preload at the right time and if you are bored take the time to make a nice lip or part where it gets steeper at the very top because if you make a jump perfect you can catch a ton of air at hardly any speed. Me and my friends about every summer we live in the dirt with our shovels making jumps for our bikes or quads or anything so we know what works and what doesn't. Also when you make jumps use a garden hose or something before you start to jump to spray it on the jump a few times and after it drys a few times the top surface gets really hard and the rain doesn't tear it up as easily or the quads.
    he wants to build it out of wood, so he wont need to spray water on it , but if i build one this weekend i will post some pics

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    haha i may need to get in my truck this weekend and take a ride out to go old butler pa!!!!!!! haha i will bring the beer and the cell phone so we can call 911 haha... j.k knighttime
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast