Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The next big thing?

The next big thing?

Well, this winter we saw the YFZ and new TRX brought to the masses and although they havent been out long i'd like to see what you all think will be the next big thing to hit the atv world.

Could be anything, independent rear suspension on sport quads, new engine designs, suspension related etc.

Lemme hear what ya gots to say

Or maybe even what you would like to see
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

I think fuel injection on sport quads. Yeah, cannondale did it, but I think we'll see it come out on the big 3 (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki/Kawasaki) We are already seeing it on the utilities.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

id like to see sport quads come with nerf bars right out of the show room, and better shocks.. also i agree with the EFI
    2001 440ex
    rebuilding as the paychecks keep comming in...

EFI makes sense.

Would we really want a quad with IRS? Are we like the 4x4 guys who like solid axles just with lots of travel? I'm asking because I don't know.

If we got IRS, would that mean we would have 2 tires that spin independently.
    '02 Red 400
    It's faster now then when I bought it!

I think someone, don't know who, will come out with a big beast to competivly compete with the 700 V-force. I know there's Utes out there that have the motor, but the V-force is the ONLY quad of it's size both physical and motor that is considered a sport quad.

I was just thinking along these lines the other day! For as long as I can remember. (before the 400ex came out) you heard all kinda of rumers about what is coing out next and what needs to be done. This has all but dissapeared in the last 6 months. Is everyone satisfied???????

Personly I am not looking forward to the NEXT BIG thing. I am ready for the manufactures to put time into the machines they have out now making them better!!!!!!!!! Nothing big. I would like to see the companies one up each other every year to give their quad just a slight edge over the other manufactures!

i wish they would have multiple frame colors and also make the frame really strong for rough for race conditions!

I think EFI will be the next thing. Either that or someone will come out with a monster CC quad. Like 800CC's or something. Yamaha was the first to do it with their snowmobiles. (I know the Thundercats were out before them, but they don't exist anymore.)

And Ski-Doo just came out with a 1,000CC two-stroke snowmobile engine. A twin cylinder. That's just my opinion.

More big bore quads like the Raptor. Would be nice to see a CBR954 engine or something in a quad, even an F4i engine would kick *** EFI sounds nice too.
    2004 RM125

yamaha and honda will merge
    Aim Screen-name seamuh

2006 crf250r
    1981 atc250r
    1977 Husky CR 250<--Cherry
    Originally posted by zephead400ex
    Is she bleeding yet? haha!damn split tales anyway.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast