Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Slime" for your tires??

Question "Slime" for your tires??

Anybody ever use that Slime stuff for your tires? It says its supposed to go on before your get punctures and then it seals it if you do get a hole? Anyone use it and know if it works like it says it does??

The only experiences i've had and have seen first hand are BAD!! I Slimed my Recons tires and a friend did his Raptor, and one more did his 300. On each bike at one time or another last year there was a puncture and each time the Slime just sprayed and oozed through the puncture never sealing it. Buy yourself a plug kit with the CO2 cartridges for about $25-$40 and carry it with you on the trails.

Just my .02

Jason
    What's the sense of being stupid if you can't show it?!?
    02 416EX - SOLD
    04 400EX - New Project

slime sucks

When you go fast the slime balls up in your tires and it makes your quad bump around.
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

I Slimed my Mountain bike tire once and it was the worst thing i ever did. At about 35mph it would make it shaky and at 50 it would be so bad it could almost lift the bike of the ground I never dared to go any faster than that with that crap in my tires
    NECC #148
    Sponsors:
    ATV Four Play - BCS Performance - Jet Motorsports

07 TRX 450ER
    08 Rancher 420

Glad I didn't waste my $$$$. I was just reading and figured I would ask about it...

Buy your self some CO2's and some plugs and silicon.... If you do get a hole...us the plugs with a little silicon and pump it back up with the CO2...use the blue silicon it works the best and seems to hold up longer. My brother in law had his blaster for 2 years and the plug never let go or leaked..in fact the one that did leak was the good one..
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    K&N filtering/moded airbox
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

Have fun getting your tire off your rim after you slimed it. It acts like glue and it sucks, I have experienced it first hand and I will never used slime again.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

I used to have slime in my old tires. It did work VERY well for thorns and other small holes. I actually put some in AFTER I had a thorn in the tire and it sealed right up. The only downside is what knighttime mentioned....if you read the bottle its only speed rated for a certain speed (I believe 45mph or so).....everytime I would get into 1/2-3/4 throttle in 5th, it was start shaking very bad...it throws the tires out of balance. I'd recommend slime for the bigger/slower 4x4's but not a sport quad.

Get yourself a CO2 repair kit....

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

i put it in mine and love it. i also went 5th gear pinned after i put it in to get it around the tire. i leave the thorn in cuz it acts like a plug but the few rock holes it seals right up. i got the kind with the black rubber chuncks in them.

dave
    1986 Honda 265R, New 89 motor, ported and polished by East Coast ATV, New Stock Honda clutch/clutch basket, FMF reed cage/ spacer/ and rad valve, 38mm keihn airstriker carb, K&N w/ outerwares, FMF fatty pipe, powercore 2 and Q silencer, Laeger +2 arms, Maier plastics, BAD saddle seat cover, Works triple rate steelers w/ rezzies, MOB aluminum swingarm, Lonestar dualrow bearing carrier, Durablue +2 axle, Durablue adjustable strut, AC Bumper, AC grab bar, AC nerfs, AC chassis skid, Lonestar anti-vibe steering stem, Lonestar handlebar clamp, Renthal bars, Douglas 190's w/ holeshots, Front and rear SS brake lines, Speed easy pull clutch lever, anti-fade locknut, SS bolt kit, Rocky mountain swingarm skid, and some more little goodies!

Football, baseball, soccer, golf, and tennis
    all take one ball
    Racing takes two!

SN: CrasHing3283

slime

I used Rocky Mount. version of slime in my utility quad and loved it. It beat having to plug my tire everytime I went into the woods. The stock tires on my utility are a 2-ply tire (thin). After going to a 6 ply I havent't had any trouble.
    2003 Predator, Hiper rims, Kenda tires, PRM protection, Renthal bars with Spider Grips, Fox TRS w/rezzies, much more to come.

1999 400 EX Hot cams stage , K&N filter, air box modw/outerwears, ,14 T front sprocket, Pro Circuit T-4, Works Triple rate w/o rezz, coustom made skid plate and a-arm gaurds. PRM bumper
    MSN: Braff1@bellsouth.net
    AIM: Braff51
    "QUAD HATERS SUCK"

"Don't make me put this 400 in Reverse to come back there and smack you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast