Thread: Changing Clutch Cable On 300ex

Question Changing Clutch Cable On 300ex

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS. I HAVE A NEW CABLE, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE CABLE HOLDER FROM THE BLOCK. I CAN REMOVE ONE BOLT. BUT THE OHTER ONE IS BLOCKED BY THE STARTER. IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO REMOVE THE LEFT CASE. I HAVE A SERVICE BOOK, BUT THE DAMN THING DOESN'T SAY HOW TO REPLACE THE CABLE.

THANKS! :grr
    2000 400ex

1996 300ex

2004 TRX 450R

2000 Red Dodge Ram sport

well if you have a barnett clutch you should no how the clutch cable assembly works, i have a hinson set up and when i took my case off obviously i had to remove the cable from the puller arm. so either in your signature you lied about your barnett clutch or you just dont have a clue?
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

i just installed the barnett clutch tonight! I removed it for the puller arm, but it shot. I need to remove, to install a new one. Do you see now. I put it in profile because I had had it. O.K. :blah
    2000 400ex

1996 300ex

2004 TRX 450R

2000 Red Dodge Ram sport

I have replaced my clutch cable 2x since i got my 300ex, and i can't understand why you would need to undo any bolts.. You just need to undo the cable at the hand lever, and unsrew it from the middle (abvove the engine), and them take the cable stop off from the top of the clutch.

hey mr honda ex could you explain how to put a new clutch in a 300ex for me?

i got it figure out. I just had to look a little harder. The clutch is the biggest bear ti install. 300EXPIMP- I though I needed to take the bracket out. But like I said, I just had to look a little harder.:devil
    2000 400ex

1996 300ex

2004 TRX 450R

2000 Red Dodge Ram sport