Thread: tools

tools

Does anyone know where I can get a complete list of needed tools (socket/wrench sizes) etc?

The factory manual provides a tool list for each chapter but they don't get as specific as size.
    '02 400 EX - Bling, Bling !

tools

just buy a regular tool kit like a 100 piece also get a touqe wrench and for the engin get a piston ring puller/instaler
    z400on order ac dirt screen bumper ac pro pegs tag t2s trail tech bar clamps-soon a lsr axel

KX125 pro circuit top triple clamps w/bar mounts,Pro Circuit Platuium pipe, Pro Circuti Shorty silencer, renthal twin walls moto tasinari v force reed cage, one industries graphics, black rear # plates

BTW make sure its metric not standard....
    I got a kit with everything from 6mm-25mm and seems to cover just about everything on the bike so far.
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    K&N filtering/moded airbox
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

Get a 6mm allen socket for adjusting the chain.

Most used sockets/wrenches are 8,10,12,14mm, plus a 17mm socket for the wheel lugs.

You will also need a hammer, to bust stuff up when things don't go right.
    04 Camo Suzuki Vinson

duck tape, bailin wire, jb weld, bfh (aka hammer) and pliers is all u need
    just kidding all you reall need is a set of sockets 6-19 and a 22(i think fore the hub bolts?) a set of wrenches 8-19, a few GOOD screwdrivers (good so you dont strip out screws) torq wrench, and some other things that i may have forgot. oh ya and a 6 mm allen socket is really healpful for tightning the chain and i have found the easest way to change the spark plug is to use the tool out of the factory tool kit.
    I dont have a wheeler but i work on all my friends. I have a dirt bike but all i do is get hurt on it. People say i should go to 4 wheels but whenever i ride one i'm allways on 2

Sears

Originally posted by Quadfather
    You will also need a hammer, to bust stuff up when things don't go right.
    You only need the hammer for doing precision work, like if you want custom lobes on your cam :devil
    03 Predator w/ TrailTech X-bars & clamp, WB slip-on, custom K&N intake, Edelbrock carb

06 Raptor, Houser +2 A-arms, LSR +4 axle, FMF PowerBomb Header w/ Two Bros slip on, ProDesign K&N intake kit, TrailTech X-bars, clamp & Vapor computer, PC III USB

What are you going to do?? Do like me and tear it completely down. When we put it back together the one with the most pieces left over wins
    Speed is 95% rider and 5% bike, better make that 5% count!

2000 TC 505EX Complete TC Motor and everything else you can imagine and more!!