Thread: Esr pipe too loud?

Esr pipe too loud?

Im heading to florence oregon sand dunes for spring break and have heard they are strict on the noise level. I just want to know if anyone has been there that has a esr pipe and if it is too loud. I will probably bring my stock muffler with just in case.
    1986 honda trx250r - silver fulbores, gueseted frame pced black stardust, duncan pc2000 265pv cylinder, esr trx5 chrome pipe and silencer, renthal fatbars, ac front bumper, ac skid plate, Razr mx tires, leager +2 a-arms, 38mm mukini carb, elka long travels with ressi's, stock rear shock rebuilt by pep, lsr adjustible +4 axle, barnet clutch, ac propegs, stearing stabilizer, and more. Still have almost all stock parts. for sale or part out
    2006 ltr450 pro armor nerfs, tether kill, cherrie bomb and yoshimira slip on.
    2003 Polaris Verticle Escape, many extras, Sled for sale for the right price.

oragan i thin is 93dba, esr's pipe i thin is 103dba, bring ur stocker

This is from the horses mouth.

Sound level in Oregon is 99db
    Dune sound level is 93db +/- 2db 20inches from the pipe at a 45 degree angle to the outside of the bike.
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    K&N filtering/moded airbox
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

I have the ESR TRX5 center dump pipe with the stock silencer. I recieved a ticket when I was in Florence. My decible rating was at 106db at 3500 rpms. The limit is 93db but they give you a 2 to 3db leeway. I have heard rumor from a reliable source, that ESR is working on a line of Quiet silencers for their pipes. I will definetly be buying one of those, but untill then I avoid the green forest ranger trucks when I see them
    Last edited by dune250r; 03-21-2002 at 11:04 AM.
    86 TRX 250R
    89 Hotrod long rod kit,Ohton Racing Level 3 porting & head modifications,
    R.E.D modified RAD Valve and Carb,
    ESR TRX5 Centermount Pipe & Silencer,
    ESR Air box eliminator,
    Web http://sandboxtoys.tripod.com