Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: NQRA @ Virginia Beach

Unhappy

Raush has been cancheled due to lack of consistent attendence by nqra members at events. I am also one of those members. I was given this info by the owner of raush when him and myself and Jamie Rupert were talking Ihad said Iwas going to the event because it is 2 1/2 hours from my house in NY. I confirmed this with Randy and Billy at the beach race.

Billy if this has changed please let us know Because I went to the web site and it is still listed as a round as I do not want to give False info. I hjope to see you in maryland.Chris

Originally posted by RURacing
    Just so everyone knows Va Beach was so unorganized with scoring because half way threw the computer started screwing up again, everthing had to be swapped to paper right in the middle of the race, and none of the riders would leave the girls alone long enough to figure out what was going on, so everything got delayed and held up. All thing considering I think they did a Great job!!! Who here would want 200 mad people coming to you while you try to get things right???? And as for E. Powers and his wife/girl friend I think it is very rude to have let you girl curse the girls trying to help you like she did, She could have gotten you disqualified on the spot!!! That is NQRA and ATVA rule. As well as against the law at Va Beach so she could have been throw in jail or given a fine. It is called having repect for others. Most of the people that staff the races are volenteer so why do we want to be rude and make them not want to help ever again???

Powers did get paid BUT because of the language coming out and his girl saying he was in 4th he got paid for 4th 30 minutes later when both Motos were combined and the scores were final he really came in 3rd, I guess patience does pay.

Pappy your pics ROCK thanks alot!!
    I am one of the older guys on this group and I have been to my share of races, run by many different promotors and I can say it sucks when something is unorganized. It wastes time and puts people in the wrong frame of mind. But I do have a couple of observsations. One, ITS NOT WORK PEOPLE, this is SUPPOSED to be fun. The next time you are at a race and don't agree with the schedule, timing, organizer, remember, could be worse, could be at work, digging ditches, etc. Second, I help promote/organize/run a local arena cross series here in Virginia. And I can say we do our best to make sure everyone is accomodated for. BUT, if someone, woman or man, comes up and curses at either myself or ANY of the staff, that person would be removed IMMEDIATLY by the nice police office we have at each and every race. One reason is that this is a voluntary sport with volunteers working, taking their own free time to put on a race. Another reason is that ANYWHERE we have kids participating, the adults are to be held at a higher standard, and cursing in a public place in front of children and parents alike will simply not be tolerated.

While I agree, sometimes we let our tempers get the best of us, I know I have, being able to restrain ourselves in an adult manner usually HELPS the situation instead of creating an additional problem.

I don't know the staff of the NQRA, but I am happy to seet hat they are TRYING to give us an addition opportunity to race. I have been to plenty of ATVA sanctioned races that were just as bad. If you don't agree, the next time you attend an ATVA race, go yell at Doug and see what it gets you. Not trying to attack you Tina, just trying to give a different, third person perspective. Like I said, I have let my temper get the best of me in the past and have paid the price, consider yourself lucky you guys didn't.

Scott

Originally posted by Scottie Mac

I have been to plenty of ATVA sanctioned races that were just as bad. If you don't agree, the next time you attend an ATVA race, go yell at Doug and see what it gets you. Not trying to attack you Tina, just trying to give a different, third person perspective. Like I said, I have let my temper get the best of me in the past and have paid the price, consider yourself lucky you guys didn't.

Scott

LOL let them go to Va motorsporst park one time and see how organized they are
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

no way rausch is cancelled, i was looking foward to riding that track and see the riders real skills at a real mx track, i hope they decide cuz i wana race it

Originally posted by AtvMxRider
    LOL let them go to Va motorsporst park one time and see how organized they are

LOL, you ain't kiddin, especially if they go during a Loretta Lynns Qualifier. They are always organized and well run....

(tongue firmly in cheek!!!!)

Scott

Chris,
    Sorry but Rausch Creek did cancel due to lack of numbers. Randy is close to replacing the race now but, I have no idea where yet. Randy is holding all information as far as date, location, and type of race replacing Rausch Creek from me. My opinion is it should be replaced with something towards the north close to the same area and same type (MX). The NQRA has some members that are from the north and they deserve a race close to home.

Thanks for your support
    Billy
    V.P. of the NQRA
    Owner of E.T.Performance

Excellent pics Pappy!! I'm sorry it took so long to find them I didn't get to go to the beach race this year but after viewing your pics I feel almost like i was there!
    2005 450R
    HMF Full exhaust
    200MJ
    LSR DC-4 A-arms
    Elka Quad rate LT shocks Piggyback
    LSR axle
    Dura-blue spacers (front)
    Uni-filter
    Pro-design kill switch
    ITP holeshot MXR's all around
    Advantage Performance Pro series Nerf-bars

i still have sand in my shoes and camera. if you would like i can send you some
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

That's ok LOL but thanks for the offer though!!
    2005 450R
    HMF Full exhaust
    200MJ
    LSR DC-4 A-arms
    Elka Quad rate LT shocks Piggyback
    LSR axle
    Dura-blue spacers (front)
    Uni-filter
    Pro-design kill switch
    ITP holeshot MXR's all around
    Advantage Performance Pro series Nerf-bars

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast