Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: NQRA @ Virginia Beach

AWESOME coverage PAppy!!! I love to ride in sand, I wish we had an event around here like that!!
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Just so everyone knows Va Beach was so unorganized with scoring because half way threw the computer started screwing up again, everthing had to be swapped to paper right in the middle of the race, and none of the riders would leave the girls alone long enough to figure out what was going on, so everything got delayed and held up. All thing considering I think they did a Great job!!! Who here would want 200 mad people coming to you while you try to get things right???? And as for E. Powers and his wife/girl friend I think it is very rude to have let you girl curse the girls trying to help you like she did, She could have gotten you disqualified on the spot!!! That is NQRA and ATVA rule. As well as against the law at Va Beach so she could have been throw in jail or given a fine. It is called having repect for others. Most of the people that staff the races are volenteer so why do we want to be rude and make them not want to help ever again???

Powers did get paid BUT because of the language coming out and his girl saying he was in 4th he got paid for 4th 30 minutes later when both Motos were combined and the scores were final he really came in 3rd, I guess patience does pay.

Pappy your pics ROCK thanks alot!!
    V.P. of the NQRA
    Owner of E.T.Performance

SO I'm guessing you did what was right and paid him the additional that was owed to him?
    2004 YFZ 450-- Couple of usefull options--
    http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

AtvNC.com Race Team

Originally posted by wyndzer
    SO I'm guessing you did what was right and paid him the additional that was owed to him?

HaHa good question.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

This is Tina, Ernie's girlfriend, and although I don't usually respond to other people's responses, I feel that my input is necessary in regards to RURacing's post. My first question is were we at the same race? Oh wait, we must have been since you made the remark the girls had 200 people screaming at them. If you didn't want your "girls" taking the heat for the NQRA and the terrible event they put on, maybe you should have stepped up to the plate and explained to people why you were having so many problems keeping things organized. Did you get a chance to hear anyone else's compaints about the weekend besides your staff? Let me throw a couple at you so maybe you can look at it in the same view as a person that paid to race there. As I was standing there at the registration booth on Sunday, there were numerous moms coming to collect the plaques their children had one FOR THE FIRST RACE!! To their surprise as well as mine, you and your staff weren't able to hand them out b/c you still didn't know the results. Did I forget to mention that they raced 3 hours before? Another gentlemen was complaining b/c his name was not on the list to race that day and he didn't understand why since he took a third place finish the day before. After looking into it, the NQRA realized they made a mistake and do you want to know what their solution was? They wanted the rider, who placed third, to take the spot of another rider that was expecting to race. To top it off, the rider would have had to kick out his best friend if he wanted to race! Does this seem fair?

In general, the entire weekend was rediculous. The Sunday race order was posted incorrectly and as a result, numerous racers were forced to get ready in a matter of minutes. Once the actual race order was decided on, the staff couldn't keep track of which class was supposed to be on the line. The pits were not prepared for the hundreds of people that needed to park in them. I suppose the volunteer staff did as best as they could considering they were following the instructions of unknowledgable people.

Finally, your little comment about Ernie taking third overall was probably the greatest thing you could have done to prove my point that the NQRA has no idea what they are doing. When we arrived at the race on Saturday, every rider was told by YOUR staff that the Saturday motos were for a position on the gate only. When we left on Sunday, we believed Ernie had placed 4th because that is what YOUR staff told us. Not only at that exact moment in time when we were standing in terrential downpours but also when EVERYONE was told Saturday's races wouldn't count.

I am sorry that I got angry and took it out on the staff. I didn't mean to swear at them but I figured that if they could be left alone by the NQRA to handle the registration booth by themselves that they could be held accountable for the NQRA's actions (or lack of). It's a shame that your association can quickly charge a rider for a NQRA membership fee, a pit pass fee, and a registration fee for each class but as soon as it came time to pay out the money owed or the plaques earned, noone was able to do it.

I leave this message with a tidbit of advice... go to one (just one) AMA sanctioned national and learn how things are done correctly before you try to take on an event that you and your association are just not capable of handling.

You go girl
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

Tina I think you and I need to talk!!!
    Call me at 252-465-4563 or PM me and I will call you.

A lot of the issues that happened I am still finding out about. But I am the rider rep so this is my job.
    V.P. of the NQRA
    Owner of E.T.Performance

ya i was placed on saturday 3rd place in C production, so i didnt race my lcq because my dad said i didnt have to since i got 3rd,

so when sunday comes around i am getting ready to race the last race of the day which is C production, and my dad go's and see's if my name is on the sheet just to make sure, and they had changed the list, there was another sheet above the result's, i was pissed off to say, and i was very dissapointed and so was my dad, but we are still going to the Raush Creek event , i must say you better try and do a little better job, or you will be seeing less and less people at NQRA events.

Gabriel Racing

I am going to tell you like I did Tina call me 252-465-4563 ask for Billy.

I think Tina and I had a good conversation and I explained somethings to her and I will you too. Ask her I am not a BAD GUY.
    V.P. of the NQRA
    Owner of E.T.Performance

no there is no need to call.

you made a mistake or the girls did, so im not going to cry or be mad at it, you were only doing your jobs,

but we will be at the nqra at Raush Creek.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast