Thread: lt80 bogging on hills

lt80 bogging on hills

need some help trying to set lt 80 up the thing runs like heck on the level but when it comes to steep hill it barely gets up the hill think its a clutch problem but not sure.have cleaned carb to many times to mention installed inline filter cleaned clutches as well we race weekly and its driving me nuts its ported polished and clutch mods we ran in the top 3 last year this year we cant get in the top 8 the bike just wont go up hills any sug?

If it is long uphills, I would try putting the petcock over to "prime". The motor could be loosing enough vaccuum to allow the automatic one to close. Or, the float level could be too high... allowing gas to "overflow" into the motor....
    Honda, Best On Earth
    2000 400EX, 1996 300EX and a 1997 LT80 - each with a bunch of custom schtuff on'em!
    2001 CR250
    2002 KDX220

my friend's lil bro has an lt80. it likes to bog a lil on the high steep ones too. like does it seem like its wanting to run outta fuel? the one he has just seems underpowered....
    2003 4??EX w/: too much stuff to list. im afraid to total the receipts.
    2001 AC ZR600 vev efi le ITS FORSALE
    1995 Chevy S-10 LS 4.3 5speed 6/7 drop with some custom stuff....lowest static in town....

My daughters LT80 had the same problem on the motocross track. We put in a new set of rings and replaced her reeds and it did the trick.
    ProRacer23

bogging lt

im gonna try running the petcock in prim position thats what everyone sug.it's a brand new motor so i no the rings and reeds are new thanks for all the replies.

jus a littile bit info. let chris grism down n tenassee build ur motor, he builds the best motors for these little things. there wild when he builds them.
    THANKS TO
    BOTSON CYCLE,PRO FAB,GIBSONS ATV AND TC RACING

FYI: you guys were on the right track. It was the rubber piece smashed and restricting the fuel on one of the jets.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

thats good, did ya fix it? My nepthew has one, it has +3 arms and when we went to buttercup he got over halway up, now he just got a fmf pipe and hopefully rims for his 18" geckos and hopefully he will get all the way up this time
    San Diego, CA
    04' Z400
    alba jet kit, alba full pipe system, outerwear, k&n, alba pro flow billet adapter, alba chassis skid, alba kory ellis blue graphix, alba nerf bars, tag x5 bars, burgard +2 arms, AC racing bumper, OMF scoops, custom grill, custom grab bar, and sand star paddles all the way around with ITP t-9/s, front holeshot 20x6x10, and 18x10.5x9 kenda klaws, custom gussets, +2 custom steering stem, hella light, alba cdi, shockwears, front works w/out rezzies